©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Finally break the 600lb barrier in the squat. Video

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Most of you know, I took up powerlifting as the ripe young age of 40(2yrs ago)...pretty smart. Since then I have had the opportunity to train withh Gbb out at the Sweatte Shop, in Chi town with Ed Coan and compete in 3 meets. I am certainly no stand out in the pling world, but have reached some small goals and hope to break a few masters records. Anyway, my next milestone is a 1700 lb total. It is still a ways off but this 605 squat is a step in the right direction.

I fumbled the walkout, but was able to recover and drive it up handily. And for those of you who still full squat in this world of overlaoded leg presses and high box squatters, I want you to know you are not alone.

Now if I can get this shoulder to heal up.

Hello!
chicken_hawk1 shared a video with you.

View Video, http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/c... Uploads/20150406_170330_zps982td1ii.mp4.html
Hawk

Last edited:

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
nice, thanks for sharing. inspired me to go do a leg workout lol.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I can't get the video to come up. Probably my old ass computer. But still, congratulations brother.

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
Nice work brother! I'm 43 and I am a powerlifter also. Maybe I can drive 3 hours to Chi town and hit legs hard with you sometime. I'm just outside Indy!

Bear

skinnymark

Sep 17, 2014
NIce man...

When you go for 1 rep max.. How many warmups do you usually do, and how much weight is on the set before you "go for it"???

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
NIce man...

When you go for 1 rep max.. How many warmups do you usually do, and how much weight is on the set before you "go for it"???

Well, I always use a Russian style approach and start with around 50% for 5 , 60% for 3, 70% x2, 80%×1, then 90,95 and 100% for 1. I always warm up this way since I was turned onto it by psyche and sheiko. I used to do old school and do 135x 10, 225x8 etc...what a waste of energy...I mean if your max curl is 120lbs do you(rhetorical you) warm up with 30lbs? So, why burn all that energy in compound moves. I will warm up chest a bit more, usually doing 2 sets at 50%.

Hope that helps,
Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Nice work brother! I'm 43 and I am a powerlifter also. Maybe I can drive 3 hours to Chi town and hit legs hard with you sometime. I'm just outside Indy!

Bear

That would be alright by me, but I am actually near Kansas City. However, I am actually going the Chicago Fit expo as a handler in May. I am also considering traveling to Cincinnati in December for an SPF meet as I have friends at the Sweatte Shop.

Hawk