©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

First Injection - YEAH BABY!

bigguns

Dec 7, 2005
Happy New Year all!!

Well, the plan was to start my first cycle today. Everything was ready and waiting and this evening I had to face my first injection. Man - was I scared sh!tless. I don't know if everyone had this sort of experience on their first time or if it's just because I've got a genuine fear of needles, but I had big doubts about whether or not I'd go through with it.

I laid everything out in the bathroom and followed all the instructions I've read and researched over the past months. Put the vial of gear into some warm water, checkout out the spot on my glute I wanted to inject and then got out the dreaded syringe. Let me tell you, that needle looked huge. :eek: After much debating I finally opened the package, cleaned the spot on my ass with an alcohol swap, cleaned the top of the vial, withdrew the 1ml of Test E and changed pins. Now, the dreaded moment was here. More debating, a couple practise goes with the plastic cover still on the pin, and still more debating. Finally I decided to go for it.

For some strange reason I decided to jab myself gently with the needle to see if it would hurt at all. I know - ridiculous - I'm such a pussy. :wtf: So I gently jab myself and I don't even feel a thing as the needle goes through my skin. Of course I was expecting pain so I withdrew it on instinct. Now I'm sitting there, amazed that I didn't feel a thing and ready to go through with this. I push the needle in again and it easy slides slowly into my glute. No pain. However, I am still petrified and shaking like a leaf. Holding the pin as steady as I can I tried to aspirate but couldn't seem to get the plunger back. Thinking about it now I probably wasn't even applying any force but hey - I was convinced I was doing something wrong so I pulled the damn pin out again. Now - being rather paranoid - I thought it might be time for a third pin and this time I would damn well get it right. Changed pins, cleaned the area with a new alcohol swab, and eased that baby in. Again - no pain. Actually, just a little pain as I got about an inch in, but nothing much. This time I managed to aspirate - no blood. So I slowly and gently injected the oil. AT LAST! I'm sure I didn't get the full 1ml. With all my messing around I wasted a bit. But, after jabbing myself 3 times on my first go, I am officially no longer a gear virgin!

You're welcome to bash away at me for being so silly or just to have a laugh. Thanks for all your support guys and gals. I will keep everyone posted on how my first cycle is progressing.

:headbang:

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
Too funny! Lets hope your rate of penetrations to actual injections improves or your looking at a lot of holes in your arse :D Anyways thanks for sharing your experience. The only problem I have now with glute injections is reaching around far enough to push the plunger down!

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
What size pins did you go with?? This reminds me alot of my first time or two. I used 20g pins the first few times then wised up and bought some 23s. Big difference. Let us know how things feel tomorrow.. Clint

squish

May 20, 2005
3rd dimension
Bigguns congratulations! The first time is always the hardest. I envy the results you're going to get from your first cycle. ENJOY.

The best thing you did was read and learn. You're doing it right. I "learned" from some cat in the gym. He knew a little but not like the guys on this site. The good thing about learning from someone at your gym is you have someone to show you how to dart in person. That really helped me out. I had a friend dart me. I don't know if I would have even had the balls to do it like you did. Now of course it's not a problem. LOL

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
So ya popped yer cherry, eh Bigguns. Didn't sound silly at all...I imagine it most people have some sort of similar experience. Glad to see you took safety first and were changing pins and re-swabbing with alcohol. Sometimes the skin entry pricks a bit, but is very surprising how painless it is once into the muscle, beyond the first few millimeters of skin. Keep us up to date on your cycle.

ben johnson

Sep 1, 2005
mormonville
congrats gun....hell i chased my ass around for 10-15 min b 4 i caught it to inject...it gets better. let us know how things progress...

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
I remember that I had to get my buddy to do my first few injections because I just couldn't stick myself.....lol. Good times.

bigguns

Dec 7, 2005
Day after

Morning all!

Well, I managed to get some sleep last night after the whole multiple-jab for 0.9ml of gear ordeal. My arse was a little sore last night - kinda like I had backed up into the corner of a table or something. Nothing bad - just a bit of bruising...and of course I have three little prick marks. I went to see a movie afterwards and had this weird anticipation, like I was going to feel some dramatic change. More paranoia! Were my eyes a bit blurry, was I feeling hot, was I feeling cold. Of course it was all in my head, but it was quite funny nevertheless.

This morning is just a little sore - small bit of bruising but again really nothing major.

Clint - I used 23g 1.5" to draw and to shoot. After much reading I decided that those appeared to be the norm and most recommended. Found drawing a bit difficult (might need to warm the gear a bit more) but other than that they were fine. They look friggen BIG at first... but once I got that sucker into my glute it really wasn't bad.

I don't know how you guys manage to inject as much as 2ml or more. It must hurt like hell the next day?! My next shot is on thursday. I feel a bit more confident now although I know I'm still going to be a bundle of nerves. And this time I have to hit the left glute - not quite sure how I'm going to twist round that way. Tune in for round 2 - lets hope I survive it without multiple puncture wounds...

Thanks again for your support. I must say that without the guidance and sincere support from the members here I doubt I would have gone through with this - and if I had I probably would have done myself some serious damage.

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Congrats! Let me officially welcome you to the dark side!

Nitrateman

BTW I found that 25s 1 inch work the best and the easiest. You will probably need to massage your glute a bit and don't be afraid to use warm facecloths to take away the soreness.

bigguns

Dec 7, 2005
Arse has been fairly uncomfortable today but I think the pain will be all gone by tomorrow morning.

Cheers for the welcome Nitrateman! I've got a whole bunch of 23g 1.5" pins so will probably stick with them for the remainder of this cycle. Still trying to work out how I'm going to hit the left cheek on Thursday. :p

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
Nitrateman said:
Congrats! Let me officially welcome you to the dark side!

Nitrateman

BTW I found that 25s 1 inch work the best and the easiest. You will probably need to massage your glute a bit and don't be afraid to use warm facecloths to take away the soreness.
I like 25's (1 1/2") too. Not being a wimp I don't think, it's just that they work fine, although it takes a few seconds longer to get in 2cc. I draw up with 20ga....a little faster than 23 ga, but doesn't make quite the hole in the stoppers like larger 18's do.

ben johnson

Sep 1, 2005
mormonville
i draw with a 20 and inject with a 23 1 1/2"...works great. hey!! everyone remembers their first do-it-yourselfer....we all chased our arse around a bit...

the pain is worth it all...

Bizarro

Oracle's my Mod
Aug 16, 2004
Toxic Dump
Solution

Tip: use two needles -- pull with a 20g needle, one the gear is in the vial, unscrew and put a 25g needle on the same vial and shoot.

Three benefits:
#1 It will be much easier to pull gear with a larger gauge needle (20g)
#2 After pulling the gear and placing the smaller gauge on (25g) you will have a sparking new needle that hasnt gone through a hard stopper and will pierce the flesh easier with less pain
#2) injecting with a thinner gauge needle will not allow the gear to be injected into the muscle as quickly. Slower injections tend to thwart the lummps that sometimes appear.

TRUST ME THIS WORKS!

Last edited:

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
left glute is easier for me, cause I'm not turned half way around for it.

Nitrateman

ps Pins are cheap, switch them at will til you find the easiest for you. Enjoy the learning curve.

LOL

bigguns

Dec 7, 2005
I'll order some 25g pins today. Should be here by next friday. In the meantime the 23s will have to do. Still amazed that I didn't feel much when injecting. Why is it that all my injections in the past by doctors/nurses have hurt like hell but inexperienced and terrified me manages to get a big pin into my glute without any pain? I guess they just get it over with as quick as possible and don't worry too much about jabbing you.

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
You'd be better off ordering 18 or 20 for drawing. drawing with 23s are a pain. Jabbing with a 23 is near painless anyways, there can't be much of a difference with a 25. Clint