©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

First ventrogluteal shot today...

l3i0hazard

Feb 9, 2005
blah
After spending a decent amount of time making sure that I was able to locate the spot correctly I went ahead and tried the site out today with a 1.5" 23g pin. It was rather easy to locate the site and painless to do - I'd say it's definitely worth learning how to use.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
ventrogowhohuh? just kiddng. I've always wanted to try that shot but man it just looks like an area of little margin to not screw up in . So i become needle wussified and shoot my thigh again. Although i've heard alot of rave reviews on that site.

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
best spot for me

Ventrogluteal is my favorite spot. Least pain going in and least swelling afterwards. I don't understand why it has so little swelling because if I just move around to the nearby glute I have a 50-50 chance of getting some uncomfortable swelling.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Andrew said:
Ventrogluteal is my favorite spot. Least pain going in and least swelling afterwards. I don't understand why it has so little swelling because if I just move around to the nearby glute I have a 50-50 chance of getting some uncomfortable swelling.
The muscle is not as dense as the gluteals,very soft comparatively,deep and practically void of veins.popular in pediatric procedure.solutions go in very easily and absorb very well there.

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
kell11 said:
The muscle is not as dense as the gluteals,very soft comparatively,deep and practically void of veins.popular in pediatric procedure.solutions go in very easily and absorb very well there.

That makes sense, Kell. I was thinking it was a muslce that doesn't get much exercise so that makes it soft.

powermad

Dec 4, 2005
I'm going to do my next shot there. Seems like its right where my hip flexors are. I'm going to look on the net for some more info, can't seem to get it down right.

powermad

Dec 4, 2005
Just pinned in the left ventrogluteal tonight. Went in smooth, painless, and despite using a shitty Excel syringe (I got 3cc exel w/ 20g pins to draw with and switched to a 25g 1.5" terumo needle to inject) I managed to get all 3 cc (again, 1mL ea of tren/EQ/test) in with zero pain. The exel syringe was VERY hard to inject w/ because it required a ton of force, much more than my terumo syringes w/ the same size pins. Anyway, there's no pain or swelling--I can't even tell I injected and that was a couple hours ago. I believe on my first ventro gluteal injection attempt (described below) I actually injected into my hip flexor b/c its been sore all day and walking was painful. Anyway, thanks to all for introducing me to this great injection spot.

Okay, I did the shot. I think I may have injected too far forward and missed the spot by about 1/2" or an inch. I used a 25g 1.5" needle. My hips/glutes and legs are too muscular to feel any of the bones (I can barely feel what I think is the illiac crest) but I did my best. Couple things--first, the skin there must be either very sensitive or my needle was dull because it was kind of painful upon the initial insertion (the skin is also paper thin there). I also experienced an odd but not especially painful 'burning' sensation the entire time I was injecting and felt like I had to force the last 1 or .5mL in which isn't characteristic of that site (up to 5mL for large adults from the literature). I shot a total of 1mL of tren ace/1mL of test400(painless) and .5mL of EQ300 (again, painless).

Now there is just a minor ache on the front/side of my hip where I injected. I feel it a lot when I push my knees out to the sides. I think next time I'll move the needle about an inch further back, see if that helps. But it was a lot easier than reaching around and cramping up while pinning my glutes, that's for sure! Thanks guys.

Update: 4 hours later and the pain is not really noticable. I did a lower body dynamic effort workout and experienced zero discomfort. Afterwards I stretched and showered. Nothing now but a slight bruise around the site. Still, I think I missed it a little and next time will try to go in further to the back of my glute/hip.

Last edited:

l3i0hazard

Feb 9, 2005
blah
I have done both sides now and actually had a little bit of swelling but nothing too uncomfortable. I'm shooting prop/tren/eq and since I've never shot in these spots before I would expect a little bit of swelling until the sites get used to the juice...I'm still not totally sure I'm hitting the right spot - it almost seems like I should be more into the hip near where my femur rotates in my pelvis...either way though it's working so can't complain...