©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

for those who switch up your routines every week....

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
do you find its harder to make gains this way? i mean as long as you go in and give it your all you should be able to grow...assuming diet/hormones are in order no? or am i off completely here lol:p

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
No I dont see any problems with it. I switch up my workouts all the time and it has not hurt me, compared to never changing a thing for months on end..which I do from time to time, especially off cycle.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
Yea I find working out much more enjoyable this way tbh. Being constantly stuck in a routine gets old pretty fast to me. I was just curious to hear if some felt like they couldn't progress this way since there is less attention to detail training this way.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I am a big believer in progressive overload, whether this comes comes from increasing weight, increasing volume, increasing training density, adding intensifying techniques, I feel there needs to to be some kind of progression along one or more of these variables and the focus should be on specific variables for a sufficiently long enough duration to reach your goals.

I see this with several guys at the gym, they train hard but are constantly changing the style of training. They'll try DC then quit after a few weeks and go onto a high volume program for a few weeks and then something like a 5x5 and they are never on any program long enough to make noticeable gains. However, if you are focusing on a certain style of training and just changing exercises, then I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be effective.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
I am a big believer in progressive overload, whether this comes comes from increasing weight, increasing volume, increasing training density, adding intensifying techniques, I feel there needs to to be some kind of progression along one or more of these variables and the focus should be on specific variables for a sufficiently long enough duration to reach your goals.

I see this with several guys at the gym, they train hard but are constantly changing the style of training. They'll try DC then quit after a few weeks and go onto a high volume program for a few weeks and then something like a 5x5 and they are never on any program long enough to make noticeable gains. However, if you are focusing on a certain style of training and just changing exercises, then I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be effective.
Yea I don't mean completely switching up the style of training each workout but rather the exercises/reps/sets