©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

friend wants to do a cycle

bbecker227

Apr 21, 2015
chicago
i have a friend that wants to do a cycle but he has a heart condition ....i believe he has hart arrhythmia.....and he doesn't know how to go about talking to his doctor about it .. ...his doctor said he is able to work out....does any one know if this would affect his heat condition ?

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Brother, no one here is a doctor. Nor is anyone here qualified to answer that question, especially when you're not 100% sure what his heart condition even is.

If he wants an honest answer from his doctor, he has to have an honest conversation with his doctor. And if his doctor is anything like 99% of all doctors, even mentioning steroids is going to make him nervous and he'll tell him to not do it. And that's even if he didn't have a heart condition.

He'll have to do some searching to find a doctor that can give him an educated assessment not driven by fear of the word "steroids".

bbecker227

Apr 21, 2015
chicago
i figured that much as no one is a doctor ...i was hoping maybe some on in here has a hart condition also and would know any better...i told him to just talk to his doctor..... thanks sully

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
yer friends dickie ticker means it doesn't pump blood efficiently...poorly circulating blood in the heart can swearl around and clot up and make you more likely to throw a blockage in the lungs as a pulmonary embolism, the brain as a stroke, or the heart as a myocardial infarction

Now I'm not a doctor so how bad the arrhythmia is and how much blood thinners help cover your ass is a complete crap shoot (not to mention how much of a dumb ass he most likely will be with fluid balance, blood pressure, and hematocrit)...id take a Bayer aspirin everyday tho if his doctor didn't out him on one already...like sully said, no one is a doctor, or omnipotent lol

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
yer friends dickie ticker means it doesn't pump blood efficiently...poorly circulating blood in the heart can swearl around and clot up and make you more likely to throw a blockage in the lungs as a pulmonary embolism, the brain as a stroke, or the heart as a myocardial infarction

Now I'm not a doctor so how bad the arrhythmia is and how much blood thinners help cover your ass is a complete crap shoot (not to mention how much of a dumb ass he most likely will be with fluid balance, blood pressure, and hematocrit)...id take a Bayer aspirin everyday tho if his doctor didn't out him on one already...like sully said, no one is a doctor, or omnipotent lol
Nooo..... it means he has an irregular heart beat. You're describing advanced heart failure, mixed with a few broad other things that fit the category. Just saying arrhythmia means nothing, you can get it from a cup of coffee and a quick scare. Even if it was Afib (just one type of arrhythmia) he wouldn't be clear to lift. Agree blood thinners yes, but mostly beta-blockers.

Just from what you're describing he doesn't even sound in shape to even consider steroids....they're not magic.

Last edited:

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
Nooo..... it means he has an irregular heart beat. You're describing advanced heart failure, mixed with a few broad other things that fit the category. Just saying arrhythmia means nothing, you can get it from a cup of coffee and a quick scare. Even if it was Afib (just one type of arrhythmia) he wouldn't be clear to lift. Agree blood thinners yes, but mostly beta-blockers.

Just from what you're describing he doesn't even sound in shape to even consider steroids....they're not magic.

Yes, I had afib in mind when I wrote that and stand by my statement...was trying to make him err on the side of caution but make it so he can understand it too, doctors don't have the time to explain shit most the time....I thought it was pretty accurate.....don't see the logic in taking a beta blocker to prevent a coffee induced arrhythmia, I just wouldn't drink coffee lol...so without knowing how bad it is or any of his history id say at least a baby aspirin lol

Last edited:

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
But ya, prolly not the best idea and tell the guy to see a cardiologist, not just a doctor

Last edited:

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
But ya, prolly not the best idea and tell the guy to see a cardiologist, not just a doctor

Oh no I wasn't trying to ATTACK YOUR STATEMENT. I agree with you about the Afib. Untreated Afib is a warning for stroke, agree 100% I work medical, and from what I got from his post was just a general statement. Some forms of arrhythmia can be treated with beta-blockers when the SA/AV nodes and it's conduction go crazy or are off. Even then arrhythmia's on an ECG strip are a better decider on proper protocol for standing orders. I was just trying to say not everyone with an arrhythmia has to be on anti-platelets.

Yeah see a cardiologist not just his GP for clearance.

I wouldn't give anyone a beta blocker for a short instance of arrhythmia from coffee LOL. I was trying to point out you can have random quick bouts of arrhythmia's from stimulants and periods of heighten Adrenalin. This kid seems to not be suffering from a random occurrence, but an actual problem. Had a kid in the ER one time who was up for a few days and was just drinking pre-workout drinks. He had alot of other shit wrong with him unrelated to this, but it was easily treated.

Last edited:

bbecker227

Apr 21, 2015
chicago
nooo i didnt think you were attacking me by any means ....its all good....i didnt think it was too smart of him to want to do it any ways ...he is his own man weather he wants to do it or not ....i pretty much told him id look into it ....but ill tell him to talk to a dr ....thanks guys

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I can guarantee the doc will nix the idea. Why is he bringing up working out with his doc now? Was this heart condition recently found, or is he just starting to train?

Slaytonslayer

Dec 26, 2013
i have a sinus arrhythmia and it hasnt slowed me down a bit. It really depends on how severe it is and what type of arrhythmia it is

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
Oh no I wasn't trying to ATTACK YOUR STATEMENT. I agree with you about the Afib. Untreated Afib is a warning for stroke, agree 100% I work medical, and from what I got from his post was just a general statement. Some forms of arrhythmia can be treated with beta-blockers when the SA/AV nodes and it's conduction go crazy or are off. Even then arrhythmia's on an ECG strip are a better decider on proper protocol for standing orders. I was just trying to say not everyone with an arrhythmia has to be on anti-platelets.

Yeah see a cardiologist not just his GP for clearance.

I wouldn't give anyone a beta blocker for a short instance of arrhythmia from coffee LOL. I was trying to point out you can have random quick bouts of arrhythmia's from stimulants and periods of heighten Adrenalin. This kid seems to not be suffering from a random occurrence, but an actual problem. Had a kid in the ER one time who was up for a few days and was just drinking pre-workout drinks. He had alot of other shit wrong with him unrelated to this, but it was easily treated.

I see...it's all good...everytime I hand a ER doc a EKG strip he looks at it for about half a second to make sure it has P waves, puts his initials on it and refers him to a cardiologist if anything else is wrong...treats the most severe acute symptoms while they wait for a room lol chaching! probably nothin as long as he's relatively healthy

And if you work in medical you should know veteran RT's are touchy! lol

If I wanted to go out on a limb I'd say if you have to take meds for it then no, don't do a cycle...if you don't need meds then do a light cycle and see how it goes

It may be cause I just bought my first manual transmission car and suck ass at driving but I'm starting to think the clutch may be a good analogy for the heart somehow...the brain is the motor and the body is the transmission/diff/wheels...and the heart is the clutch...don't burn up your clutch trying to have fun or being a ignorant! lol

You only get a replacement clutch if you're dick cheney

Last edited: