©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gall Bladder

NinjaWizard

Nov 26, 2005
Kingdom of Canuckia
Thanks for the information Dr.kell and Dr.meister :D It's very appreciated.
BTW I have a picture of the gallbladder and it's conducts in my biology book. So far they have tought us what they are for but they didn't teach what would happen if you would have it removed or how they would do it :(

bph316

Nov 25, 2005
Washington state
Finally surgery next week. The docter says he cant do the laproscopy? and has to open me up instead. To much scar tissue he thinks from an old surgery (car accident). This will take 4-6 weeks of recovery compared to the 3-4 days. He said I could get a second opinion. Do you think that anyone would say any different or are most surgens the same?

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
bph316 said:
Finally surgery next week. The docter says he cant do the laproscopy? and has to open me up instead. To much scar tissue he thinks from an old surgery (car accident). This will take 4-6 weeks of recovery compared to the 3-4 days. He said I could get a second opinion. Do you think that anyone would say any different or are most surgens the same?
If you have significant abdominal scarring & adhesions, it would be very difficult to inflate your abdomen with gas from the inside to see properly during a laparoscopic cholecystectomy. The scarring sticks the internal organs to the abdominal wall and to each other, making for difficult dissection. As well, if you have had upper abdominal surgery with scarring near the liver, the gallbladder and ducts may be scarred in that mess. Too difficult to deal with via fine laparaoscopic instruments via the small port holes used for access.

bph316

Nov 25, 2005
Washington state
Thanx. You explained it much better then the dr. did. I never thought about them having to inflate my abdomen. My liver at one point was close to being ripped in half. You could even see the scar on the unltrasound.

bph316

Nov 25, 2005
Washington state
5 days in the Hospital. Definately nice to be home. I definately liked the epideral. Big difference in pain level after they took that out. Looking forward to making it back into the gym.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
bph316 said:
5 days in the Hospital. Definately nice to be home. I definately liked the epideral. Big difference in pain level after they took that out. Looking forward to making it back into the gym.
Glad to hear you're on the mend. Nice to be rid of the ol' gallbag to, huh? Re: epidural....aren't anesthesiologists wonderful? I take it that since you required an epidural that you did in fact have your gallbladder taken out via open technique / incision, as laparoscopic cholecystectomies have minimal pain from the small port holes and would not have required an epidural.

bph316

Nov 25, 2005
Washington state
You are correct. Due to a previous accident there was to much scar tissue to do the laparascpic. Walked around the block 4 times today. I guess I will have to consider that my first workout back.

ripped02

Sep 14, 2013
Well said Kell.

As for BPH......could be many things causing that other than gallbladder. However, abdominal pain in the right upper quadrant (where your liver is) after a fatty meal may be cholelithiasis (gallstones....which get pushed into the gallbladder neck and common bile duct when the gallbladder contracts in response to fat, thus causing pain when the gallbladder is obstructed) or cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder itself.

Could be quite a variety of things though....gastritis, gastric or duodenal ulcer, infectious (unlikely with a 3 week course though), pancreatitis (especially if you have had gallstones in the past or drink a lot of alcohol, etc), etc. would be some abdominal causes.

Need more info.....when do you get the pain, where is the pain (focal or diffuse), timing in relation to meals, any nausea / vomitting, any blood?, associated diarrhea, losing weight? / malabsorption, jaundice?, ever had anything similar in the past, any exposure to hepatitis (hepatitis A in places like mexico) or dirty needles / IV drug abuse, etc. (hepatitis B or C), anything that relieves the pain?, do you have the pain on an empty stomach or does it awaken you at night, "heartburn" / acid reflux with it?, etc. etc.
I was just in the hospital with severe acute pancreatitus. I do not drink alcohol and I did not have any gall stones. The pain and puking was severe. They told me it was probably from AAS use. I've cycled for 20 years and never had any issues and have always followed pct and liver support protocol. I was on Test @ 500mg/wk, and tren @ 300mg/wk. No orals,
I'm wondering if the cycle had anything to do with it at all or if that's just what physicians automatically blame it on. I've had one other bout with the pancreatitus 9 months ago but was only on 250mg Test E / week. I was drinking bourbon in the winter evenings but only a glass.
We are taking my gall bladder out as a precaution and once I heal from that I thought of maybe just staying lean and cycling Test prop , winni and Primo.
Anyone have any thoughts?

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Just had mine taken out laproscopically in July, and it was a piece of cake....VERY easy with no pain. The Doc sewed up a ventral hernia when he was done, right above my belly button.

If you had pacreatitis, you should have had elevate lipase/amylase enzymes.

If you do not have stones, then they can do a HIDA Scan to see the function of the gall bladder with CCK and see the percent of the ejection fraction.

I didn't have stones, but my ejection fraction was in the low 20's%. I got attacks for the past 5 years, but only 2-5x per year. They'll also want to do an ultrasound to check out the ductal areas, and possibly an endoscopy to make sure there are no infections.

ripped02

Sep 14, 2013
Thanks BMJ. They did the CT and ultrasound and yes my levels we're way off on the blood work. Showed a lot of sludge and want me to heal for a few weeks before surgery.
Still wondering if the Test E helped cause the pancreatitis or not? Don't really want to quit taking gear in the future but, I will to save me from another attack.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Pacreatititis can be a result of the Gall Bladder.Definately stay away from Alcohol.

Did they do a HIDA scan?

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I've never heard of any correlation between testosterone and pancreatitis.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk