©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gear99 payment problem

Jackass

Jun 18, 2007
I have ordered my stuff from gear99, went down to the local Western Union branch and tried to send the payment in US dollars as asked. I was then told that the recipient can only recieve the money in Thai Baht. This is very confusing to me since i am sending from Australia so i have no idea whats going on. I have emailed gear and am awaitng a response. I though that maybe some of you guys on here had experience with this :confused: :confused:

RAGMAN13

Jun 19, 2007
I had NO PROBLEM from the States, and the package arrived in ONLY 1 Week! Great e-mail communication too! I highly recommend them!

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Yea that doesnt seem to be much of a problem.
Sometimes the workers at the western union places dont know much or what there talking about. Just wait for them to reply with further directions...
My guess is the worker Just didnt know how to use the wu machine to well.

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
rAJJIN said:
Yea that doesnt seem to be much of a problem.
Sometimes the workers at the western union places dont know much or what there talking about. Just wait for them to reply with further directions...
My guess is the worker Just didnt know how to use the wu machine to well.
AGREE!! You almost need to walk some of the W.U. agents through the process. :D

Jackass

Jun 18, 2007
Thanx guys, i was very certain that i could send in what ever currency i like, and the guy did seem a bit useless lol :cool: :cool:

gear99

Apr 12, 2007
We love this. An aussie walking into a WU office with Aussie dollars in hand, trying to pay for his gear in Us dollar and we would like to have it in a third currency:D You gotta give the WU staff some slack as well, huh?!

Ian

street

Jul 25, 2007
you convert the us amount to Aus before you get to wu.then send on aus$ to be picked up in local currency.

sdawg

Jun 8, 2007
Cant say im as impressed with gear99 as some of you seem to be. Placed two orders a month ago and nothing, They do respond to emails quickly but thats it. I just dont agree with their site saying "not one customer has ever had their gear seized". I havent received any letters either. They say i should continue to wait.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
sdawg said:
Cant say im as impressed with gear99 as some of you seem to be. Placed two orders a month ago and nothing, They do respond to emails quickly but thats it. I just dont agree with their site saying "not one customer has ever had their gear seized". I havent received any letters either. They say i should continue to wait.

well In my experiences in this game what you SHOULD NOT do is what your doing now... Give them a fare chance to Make it right before you start taking shots at them in the open forum. I know If I were a source I wouldnt care for that to much and sure wouldnt be in a big hurry to resend you anything.
If they dont satisfy your needs Theres a million others out there.
Anytime you order overseas from ANY supplier theres a small chance of customs intercepting it.

Did you ask or check on the re-send policy before you ordered?
Im guessing like EVERY INT supplier there going to want a seizure letter before they will resend?

Why place two orders ytour firt time using them? Both to the same place?
Why not make one small order and see how it goes?

sdawg

Jun 8, 2007
Raj my appologies for not making myself a little clearer. I am in no way shape or form bashing or bad mouthing gear99. Thay have been very responsive in helping with the situation. It was only constructive critisism when i said the part about never having a customers shipment seized on the site, they may want to change that. If a guys order gets held that would be a starting point for some fellas to raise hell. And i am very aware of the dangers in overseas shipping, and both orders were small to see how it went. I figured i would take thier advice and wait the time they suggested and if nothing happened i would just reorder and hope all goes well next time. I sincerely appologize for not being clearer on my end. There are alot of satisfied customers on here and that is why i will probably reorder later. once again im sorry.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
SDawg

Naw man No reason to appologise at all.
Thats what we are here for....Learn and share our experiences with eachother.
I understand what your saying 100%. Im sorry it didnt go as smooth and as quikly as planned. Im sure theyll work with ya if it doesnt show....and it could still show up. I Just read a post By Skarn on proM that he just got a questioanble pack THREE months after sent.

One idea may be try registered.... I think it requires a sig but it does take away any worry on the receivers end of when/If it was shipped.
Personaly though I would never sign or advise it...Some prefer that method though.

goodluck man, hope it works out for ya and keep us updated.