©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gelenika Tes

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
isnt fast twitch mucle fiber good solid mucsle fiber? i thought thats where your explosive power and strength comes from?

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
The fast-twitch muscles are the good ones that grow easily. The guy who told me this must have meant slow-twitch when he said "fast-twitch." The slow-twitch fibers are the ones the skinny, marathon-runners have. These are the ones we don't want. I'm going to look into this further because now that I think about it - I believe your muscle-fiber type is all genetics. Anybody know more about this?

W

wolfyEVH

imdaman1 said:
The fast-twitch muscles are the good ones that grow easily. The guy who told me this must have meant slow-twitch when he said "fast-twitch." The slow-twitch fibers are the ones the skinny, marathon-runners have. These are the ones we don't want. I'm going to look into this further because now that I think about it - I believe your muscle-fiber type is all genetics. Anybody know more about this?

http://www.dolfzine.com/page266.htm

your nervous system can actually change the fiber type depending on the activities you are heavily involved in. but yes, fast twitch is where all of the hypertrophy happens. This is stimulated by low reps and heavy weights.