©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gh/insulin and diabetes

gpearl383

Jun 16, 2005
I have been researching GH and insulin. Is it true that usage will lead to or increase your chances of becoming diabetic?

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
gpearl383 said:
I have been researching GH and insulin. Is it true that usage will lead to or increase your chances of becoming diabetic?
Growth hormone increases your blood glucose levels and can elevate them to a level that would be considered "diabetic". It wouldn't be classis type I (insulin-dependant) diabetes, or have all of the features of type II (non-insulin dependant) diabetes. Nonetheless, prolonged elevated glucose levels from GH or other causes of secondary diabetes (other drugs like corticosteroids for example) can give the same complications as diabetics.....retinal damage, kidney damage, premature coronary artery disease, autonomic and peripheral neuropathies, infections, etc.

Insulin treats diabetes, by lowering blood sugar, thus does not cause diabetes. However, I would strongly recommend you NOT use insulin, it is very powerful. Tiny amounts (0.1 cc = 10 units) can dramatically lower your blood glucose and give you "insulin shock" from hypoglycemia. You can go unconscious and do irreversible brain damage from prolonged hypoglycemia. Also, if you're using insulin during a workout and you've already burned up a lot of your glucose or glycogen stores, you'll be at greater risk at the time.

MR .T

Jul 26, 2005
Ontario
I am almost positive that when you inj slin you shut down natural production over time. Once natural production of insulin stops you are diabetic. There is no cure for diabetes.