©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

going back to school

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
well i have some more great news. the other day i was climbing around on the back of the machine here at my job and everything i touched was covered with grease and my head was hurting from wearing this damn hard hat all the time. and i was thinking that i really dont like my job so much, it pays well but i dont like getting up at 5am to go to work , i dont like wearing this hard hat i dont like greasing the equipment, so it dawned on me if you dont like something about your life or yourself then just fucking changed it, what in the hell is the issue... so i started the enrollment process to become a veterinairn. I AM SO STOKED ABOUT THIS.... everything worked out great for me the class scheduling worked right around my work schedule, and i have access to about 10 grand of my own money right now to be able to pay for all the schooling if i am unable to get a grant..... it will take about a year to get my first assistant diploma and then about another 4 years of school and hands on traing before i can start making the big bucks but it will all be worth it :cool:

squish

May 20, 2005
3rd dimension
Great decision bro. Funny... when we're younger we want jobs about the money, but as we get older we want jobs that challenge us (and also about the money). Keep your head up while working for that degree, it'll get tough at time but it'll be totally worth it.

"Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it." Chinese saying.

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
THANKS BRO for the encouragement.. p.s i like that chinese saying i have never heard that before....

DecaDude

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
super! Great idea... that's what I love about Canada and The States. If we don't like something about our lives, we change it. Instead of being jealous of the guy that has what we'd like....

Way to go, keep us in mind when you get your papers...???...

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
thanks deca. i have been thinking about doing this for years just never did, i guess i just finally had enough.. it's kinda like another situation i had . i was unhappy about not being able to gain weight anymore so i started self medicating and what do you know i started gaining weight....

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
Good stuff Cawb! Life isn't fun if your not enjoying what your doing. Congrats and best of luck bro! Keep us updated. ;)

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
sounds familiar cawb.GOOD for you brudda.
I started my pre-med right after my 35th birthday and the old saying is true.
Its never too late.
Ive got about a year and a half to go,but definitely on the downhill slide.
seems like yesterday that I was an offset pressman by day and EMT at night.
stick with it,its tough but youll be jammin' rectal thermometers in no time and getting paid very well for it.
CONGRATULATIONS on the life change-I admire you for it.
...And it'll fly by.In 5(or 6) short years you'll be raking it in...making it through school is the f*ing test.Youll never write the same...because your hand will be crippled from all the writing.I found out thats why you can never read a Dr's script.
The curriculums in vet school and med school are somewhat similar,tough sometimes,but you can do it-(the tuition loans are MUCH more expensive for med school though)yeah,school is the hard part.That is why there are so many dumbass Dr's-they're just dopes that made it through medschool :)

Last edited:

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
wow i have to say kell that is the nicest post i have ever read by you and considering you postion as a med student i greatly ADMIRE you . thank you very much for you incouragement. thank you also steel, its good to see a lil human compasion from time to time.

i will have to take a pay cut at first when i become an assistant and i probably still wont make what i do now as a tech. but the real money should start to flow once i can open my own practice or go in partners with someone...

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Cawb

I was surfing the boards today looking for some good news and found it in your post. As we approach the midlife point I think that we often start to think about what will fulfill us, what will sustain us, what challenges us and gives us a sense of purpose. Often it is not just money, as you know, cause you said that your job pays well.
Lot's of hard work ahead, don't lose sight of your goals.
And in a few years, you will be able to say, I got up at 5am to open up my office, my head hurts not from a hard hat but from using my brain so much and I got my hands dirty squeezing dogs' anal glands... and I love it. LOL
I always say don't let anybody define you, but you.
Best of luck bro!

Nitrateman

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
thanks nitrate .... ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST FRIENDS THAT A GUY COULD ASK FOR, i was kinda skeptical about it but after making my first post about this issue i am for sure that i am going to give it a shot..... :D :D :D :cool: :)

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
That's amazing cawb. I'm a young-on so I'm in college right now. My first choice before I started was veterinary sciences but I took the HARD way and went for aerospace enginerring. Good luck man.