©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Golfing

daddy

Jun 19, 2006
Went golfing today and my lame friend shot a 39 on a par 36 nine. He is getting impossible to beat. I shot a 43 and I felt like I playe kind of bad, I was making the same types of mistakes that I was making years ago. I think that this was a lot easier course than I'm used to playing.

This is kind of a lame thread but I think it would be good if we could get people talking. If you like golf tell us how your doing or of an awesome shot you had. If you don't like golf start a thread talking about something your interested in, and maybe we'll find something we have in common.

ect0m0rph

Mar 31, 2006
Wow 39 that's really good, I love golf but I am no 39, I feel your pain he sounds like the guy who is just good at everything, everybody has a friend like that. Maybe one day you'll beat him.

carolinatug

Jun 6, 2006
SHIT, A 39 IS GOOD. BUT I'M NOT THERE YET. MY AV. IS AROUND A 43 OR SO USUALLY. I DO HAVE A FRIEND WHO STARTED PLAYING AROUND THE SAME TIME AS ME, BUT HE'S GETTING WAY BETTER FASTER THAN I AM. GOLF IS SOME TRICKY SHIT BRO. :sniper:

P

pincrusher

this year i am playing to a 12 handicap which is the best i have ever played.
i joined a travelling golf league that plays courses in eastern pa, new jersey, delaware, & maryland. this week i am going to play bulle rock where the LPGA just played the mcdonalds championship. it is an awesome course but very hard because of how deep the rough is kept.
i just got done going on a 3 day golf outing to the pocono's here in pa. played 3 really awesome courses and even won some money.
the courses were: buck hill falls, blue ridge trail, & woodloch springs(the best course)
this week coming up my league plays architects club in new jersey and next week the whole league goes to bulle rock where this week it is only a 4-some i am playing with.
i take 2 different drivers with me when i play not becasue of the same reason why mickelson does. my drivers are a long & longer driver meaning the one i have great control with but dont hit the ball quite as far. the other driver hits the ball farther but i dont always know where it is going so i use it only on wide open holes.
i am currently hitting macgregor 455 irons but plan on getting a custom made set soon. i use a macgregor NVG2 DRIVER AS MY CONTROL DRIVER AND A KING COBRA 414COMP TOUR DRIVER AS MY LONG HITTER. use a 2ball putter from odessey

carolinatug

Jun 6, 2006
pincrusher said:
i joined a travelling golf league that plays courses in eastern pa, new jersey, delaware, & maryland. this week i am going to play bulle rock where the LPGA just played the mcdonalds championship. it is an awesome course but very hard because of how deep the rough is kept.
i just got done going on a 3 day golf outing to the pocono's here in pa. played 3 really awesome courses and even won some money.
the courses were: buck hill falls, blue ridge trail, & woodloch springs(the best course)
this week coming up my league plays architects club in new jersey and next week the whole league goes to bulle rock where this week it is only a 4-some i am playing with.
i take 2 different drivers with me when i play not becasue of the same reason why mickelson does. my drivers are a long & longer driver meaning the one i have great control with but dont hit the ball quite as far. the other driver hits the ball farther but i dont always know where it is going so i use it only on wide open holes.
i am currently hitting macgregor 455 irons but plan on getting a custom made set soon. i use a macgregor NVG2 DRIVER AS MY CONTROL DRIVER AND A KING COBRA 414COMP TOUR DRIVER AS MY LONG HITTER. use a 2ball putter from odessey

Sounds like you've got some experience under your belt dude. Does that league have a good payout for winning or just for fun? I tried that 414. That thing's a monster. Absolutely crushes the ball. 2ball is the best also.

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
pincrusher said:

The real question is this pin. How in the F*CK do you have time for everything you do? you lift, you bowl, you golf. and to be as good as you are at those things you have to put a lot of time into them. Do you ever sleep? :eek:

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
I use to be a 6 handicap back in highschool but I took lesons and played literly every day for probably 3 or 4 years stright. I dont play anymore though I dont have the flexabiltiy anymore.
shot par on a couple occasions. I was using cleavland ta7 irons and clevland launcher woods. and zebra roll face putter.
those mcgragers are pretty nice, my friend had a set.
shit ya 39 and 43 is good considering the average golfer shoots a 100 for 18holes.

P

pincrusher

well yesterday i had lots of fun playing in rain at bulle rock. actually shot an 83 from the same tee's that the ladies hit from during the tournament a few weeks ago. that friggin rough was very tough. it was at 3.5 inches high but the worse part was it was so thick there was no way you could hit your ball far out of it. drove the green on #9 but missed the eagle putt and settled for birdie.
im looking at buying an SMT golf driver custom made with a 47" shaft in tour-stiff flex. should be able to knock the cover off the ball with this one.
i am a legitamate 275-280yrd driver and can hit my 7-iron 175-190 yrds depending on if i really step on it or not. been known to hit my pitching wedhe 140yrds+ and it goes very high so its not like im blading the ball to get the distance.

P

pincrusher

MaSTa LifTa said:
The real question is this pin. How in the F*CK do you have time for everything you do? you lift, you bowl, you golf. and to be as good as you are at those things you have to put a lot of time into them. Do you ever sleep? :eek:
you forgot to mention the 18month old at home and the fact that i also do some personal training for a few people on the side plus run my own website LOL
i think i got 2 hours of sleep one day last week? lucky for me i only work a part time job and put in about 30hrs per week. people just dont realize how much money one can make delivering newspapers. i wont get rich but am comfortable with my income level right now.

daddy

Jun 19, 2006
ect0m0rph said:
Wow 39 that's really good, I love golf but I am no 39, I feel your pain he sounds like the guy who is just good at everything, everybody has a friend like that. Maybe one day you'll beat him.
My friend is pretty good at golf, but that's about all he's good at which helps me sleep at night. The good thing for me is that he has been golfing a lot longer than I have, so I'm pretty sure that I'll be better than him next season, and maybe even by the end of this one.

daddy

Jun 19, 2006
My brother is a bogey golfer, descent but nothing great. The other day though he had the best round of his life. I was out of town for a week then I got home and was listening to my voice mail, and I get a message that he is on the fourth hole and that he just got his first eagle. He droped 130 yd. 10 iron to get a 2 on a par 4. That was the second hole, the first he made a, he said, 50 ft. long lucky put to make birdie. He then hit par on 3 which had him three under.

My next voice mail he was excited because he made another eagle chip from the bunker, green side. These were his first two eagles ever, besides that he hit two bogeys and the rest pars which ended him with a 33, 3 under. He played twilight so he couldn't go on and play the back.

That is one score I'm never going to beat.

ect0m0rph

Mar 31, 2006
Bogey golfer shooting a 33 is beyond amazing, that is a once in a lifetime round for a bogey golfer and is incredible.

P

pincrusher

must have been a par35 course cause 2 bogeys along with 2 eagles would only put him at 2 under;)
my best round would have to be this summer at buck hill falls where i shot an 80 from the white tee's
i could also throw in an 81 last year at great bear from the back tee's which measured about 6900 yrds.

Gettinhuge_pump

Well, I am a scratch golfer. I have my assistant proffesional liscense and use to work at a course in east tennessee. I had some back problems and took about 8 months off but the last time I played was 2 weeks ago. I shot even par (72) and made 3 bogeys and a double bogey so i guess i still have the touch. The best part of the round was a hole in 1 on number 16 a 205 yard par 3. I hit a 6 iron and it took one bounce, hit the flag and dropped strait in. HELL YEAH!

P

pincrusher

Gettinhuge_pump said:
Well, I am a scratch golfer. I have my assistant proffesional liscense and use to work at a course in east tennessee. I had some back problems and took about 8 months off but the last time I played was 2 weeks ago. I shot even par (72) and made 3 bogeys and a double bogey so i guess i still have the touch. The best part of the round was a hole in 1 on number 16 a 205 yard par 3. I hit a 6 iron and it took one bounce, hit the flag and dropped strait in. HELL YEAH!
thats awesome. i have never gotten a hole-in-1 but have come very close a few times. played white clay creek in delaware last month and on #7 i dropped it 1 foot in front of the hole and it stopped about 8" directly behind the hole and on #17 i hit the pin on the second bounce and it stopped 3" to the left side of the hole.

tester333

Jul 24, 2006
Gettinhuge_pump said:

:p :p

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
congrats to tiger woods at the british. He has had some trouble that last year or so with pulling out a major. he got it and I think this is what he really needed.

P

pincrusher

healthfreak said:
congrats to tiger woods at the british. He has had some trouble that last year or so with pulling out a major. he got it and I think this is what he really needed.
yeah he showed the world just how good he really is at the british open. there isnt another pro out there right now who could go the whole tournament without hitting driver more than once. i almost did that yesterday in my league, i only hit it once the whole round and used 4 iron off most tee's including 2 of the 4 par fives. if i would have putted better i might have won the league instead of 5th place out of 30 members