©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gone To Soon

Borg Master

Jan 2, 2017
Live life. Die doing something you like, rather than be a blob sitting in front of a lit box. Research shows endurance athletes live the longest. BB live longer too, but we're at the bottom end of the scale.

I listen to my body, eat clean, keep the mind active, don't go do alot of juice and keep (try to) keep out of rut. If I go, it was a calculated risk by my own hand, not some MD who treats symptoms. Crap, the biggest problem trouble I have is gaining weight. At least I won't die as a fat f*$K.

mbell4377

Jan 2, 2017
For me it's been all about diet for good health and good blood markers. I recently worked up to my highest Aas levels ever, some would say abusive, and my numbers stayed virtually the same. But that included a very strict diet, high in good fats. The only difference was I had to up my bp med a tad.
In the past when I ate whatever I wanted my levels would sky rocket, once I had a total cholesterol level of 440, lol

For me diet really helps keep things under control. I'm over 40 now, I look back and wish I had this diet discipline back when I was young...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Nobody will know the true answer in every case. I will say, be as proactive as you can be with your health! If there was only one thing I could list, I would say keep your BP in check and don't think 140 over 85 is acceptable for what you're using.

ThatSickRip

Apr 13, 2015
I took about a 7 year hiatus from gear and cycling (07-14). Even in the past, I never really ran high doses, but now after having a daughter 5 months ago, my whole mindset is changing all together. Too often theres posts of fellow members dying and it starts to get to you

gogotren

Banned
Apr 10, 2013
It`s really not rocket science. The heart (left ventricle) pumps blood through the body with each pump. Adding 50, 100, 125lbs of extra muscle to your natural frame puts a lot of extra work on that part of heart. Now add in high hematocrit from running AAS and the blood is thicker, making it even harder to pump through that much extra tissue. Add extra inflammation from AAS and lack of nutritional needs (mostly greens, excess protein), brings high(er) cholesterol, narrowing or arteries (more strain on LV). A persons response to all this does have a genetic factor as well. So saying "oh I don`t do orals or high dose" does not put you in the clear of risk. Because Joe Muscle blasted for 10 years and is fine does not mean you will be fine. Taking other meds like BP or cholesterol treatments do not fix the problem but only mask them. Lipitor does NOT lower risk of heart attack. Basically the bigger you wanna get above your natural size I would say increases risk of heart disease as a general rule of thumb.

Southernjuice

Apr 5, 2017
Rip to all my bruthas....Gods will, will be done. Train hard....live smart. There's not a plague on us. Enjoy life!!!

javman

Feb 18, 2013
Well from the ones that I knew the number one factor that I think played a major roll is that along with the massive doses was the abuse of all kinds of pain meds. OxyContin, Nubian, any opioids etc. The usual excuse was I'm using to help with the soreness or help me work past the pain barrier.

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Well I'm not sure where I stand on this topic. I will say that for the most part people as a whole are living longer and seem to be healthier than they did even 50 or 100 years ago. Is this due to modern medicine progressively getting better? I'd say its certainly part of it. Also probably has to do with us working smarter rather than harder. By that I mean the inventions of better tools and machinery for example so the worker bees aren't literally killing themselves to let's say build a house or farm. I'd say people now a days are living much easier and with that healthier lives. Now some are gonna say bullshit that just means we are getting fatter and less healthy due to not working as hard. Personally I don't buy that. I think as we evolve as a species we get smarter and that leads to cleaner healthier longer lives.
Now for what seems to be the recent spike in deaths in athletes. Who knows. Are we just paying more attention these days? Probably. But let's face it with every pill, medicine, gear, we put in our bodies to enhance performance we are essentially poisoning ourselves each time. However humans ended up here we came with a pretty fucking impressive blueprints for our bodies and minds. And in my humble opinion each time we stick something in our bodies that wasn't originally meant to be there its probably fucking something up. Now are we gonna stop? I'm not. With all that being said earlier I'm with whoever mentioned i that they would rather live 65 happy years than 85 shitty ones.
Recently my grandmother passed at the age of 97. Some would say wow that's great. Me I say fuck that. I'd say since she hit around 70 she had probably ten strokes, stayed in constant pain and the last five or so years was basically just a fucking vegetable that had to lay around in piss and shit till somebody noticed and would clean her up and roll her to prevent bed sores. Sorry for me, and its just my opinion, fuck that. If I'm lucky enough to see that kinda life coming for me I'll load up whatever drug I can find and I'm gone. Trust me. And I hope that when its my time I can look back and say hey at least I lived life to this point to the fullist. Don't get me wrong I'm not gonna intentionally drink a fifth of whisky a day and shoot. dope all day cause I think life isnt important. Not at all. However I do think that if it makes us as athletes happy to do a cycle 4 times a year and an occasional Oxy to relieve the pain then fuck everybody and fuck the Grim Reeper. I'm gonna do it and smile all the way. Gotta live life to the fullist. Just be smart about it. Far as I know we only get one shot at it. Long as your not hurting anyone else in the process I say fuck it. Can't live life scared that everything might shorten it by a year. Again this rambling post was just my outlook on living and dying. Probably not worth a shit. I just know I like a lot of you guys have lost a lot of friends due to all kinds of reasons and that just makes me want to go even harder so I don't have any regrets about what I could of done or been. Sorry I probably rambled on way to long....AR....

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I Like your way of thinking.
Too Really Enjoy Life You Need to Embrace Death.
I lost my brother a year ago and last week My Dad committed Suicide. My Brother loved life and My Dad hated it.......

Well I'm not sure where I stand on this topic. I will say that for the most part people as a whole are living longer and seem to be healthier than they did even 50 or 100 years ago. Is this due to modern medicine progressively getting better? I'd say its certainly part of it. Also probably has to do with us working smarter rather than harder. By that I mean the inventions of better tools and machinery for example so the worker bees aren't literally killing themselves to let's say build a house or farm. I'd say people now a days are living much easier and with that healthier lives. Now some are gonna say bullshit that just means we are getting fatter and less healthy due to not working as hard. Personally I don't buy that. I think as we evolve as a species we get smarter and that leads to cleaner healthier longer lives.
Now for what seems to be the recent spike in deaths in athletes. Who knows. Are we just paying more attention these days? Probably. But let's face it with every pill, medicine, gear, we put in our bodies to enhance performance we are essentially poisoning ourselves each time. However humans ended up here we came with a pretty fucking impressive blueprints for our bodies and minds. And in my humble opinion each time we stick something in our bodies that wasn't originally meant to be there its probably fucking something up. Now are we gonna stop? I'm not. With all that being said earlier I'm with whoever mentioned i that they would rather live 65 happy years than 85 shitty ones.
Recently my grandmother passed at the age of 97. Some would say wow that's great. Me I say fuck that. I'd say since she hit around 70 she had probably ten strokes, stayed in constant pain and the last five or so years was basically just a fucking vegetable that had to lay around in piss and shit till somebody noticed and would clean her up and roll her to prevent bed sores. Sorry for me, and its just my opinion, fuck that. If I'm lucky enough to see that kinda life coming for me I'll load up whatever drug I can find and I'm gone. Trust me. And I hope that when its my time I can look back and say hey at least I lived life to this point to the fullist. Don't get me wrong I'm not gonna intentionally drink a fifth of whisky a day and shoot. dope all day cause I think life isnt important. Not at all. However I do think that if it makes us as athletes happy to do a cycle 4 times a year and an occasional Oxy to relieve the pain then fuck everybody and fuck the Grim Reeper. I'm gonna do it and smile all the way. Gotta live life to the fullist. Just be smart about it. Far as I know we only get one shot at it. Long as your not hurting anyone else in the process I say fuck it. Can't live life scared that everything might shorten it by a year. Again this rambling post was just my outlook on living and dying. Probably not worth a shit. I just know I like a lot of you guys have lost a lot of friends due to all kinds of reasons and that just makes me want to go even harder so I don't have any regrets about what I could of done or been. Sorry I probably rambled on way to long....AR....

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I Like your way of thinking.
Too Really Enjoy Life You Need to Embrace Death.
I lost my brother a year ago and last week My Dad committed Suicide. My Brother loved life and My Dad hated it.......

Sorry to hear that Bob.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Sorry to hear that Bob.
Hey thanks Sully. I think k a lot of older or "mature Men" would understand that if you want to really Cherish and enjoy life than you need to really accept death. I'm still shocked but not surprised by what my dad did.. someone I knows 15 year old son just committed suicide. How do you explain​ that. I know it's not cool to talk about on a Bodybuilding forum but it's just part of life. We do not die, we change just like everything.
But I love tren and pushing plates and that's what I'm going to do until I become a tree or some shit.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Damn Big B you have my condolences as well. That's gotta be hard to handle. Sounds like weights are your coping mechanism though and ain't nothing wrong with that. The weight pile has probably kept me out of jail, the nut house, and probably the ground. Keep your head up and your arms pumped brother. If you ever need to chat please hit me up anytime.
BTW everything has a place on this board no matter what it is. If someone doesn't like it they can move on. Post away bro....AR....