©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

grip strength

jacked391

AnaSCI VET
Oct 18, 2012
Just curious on what u guys do for grip strength. I like to do farmers walk, db crawls, static barbell holds, and partial deads from below knee with a hold at top. Kida got away from this but latley brought it back to help with gains.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Some people have naturally big calves, I have big forearms and grip strength at least when it comes to static hold. It does hurt to squeeze these days (maybe mild carpal tunnel) but hold no.

I always suggest thick bar training for grip.

Hawk

jacked391

AnaSCI VET
Oct 18, 2012
Lmao chicken bone yeah u know calves ain't my prob. Forearm is.an issue (maybe carpal) really starting to do good things in deadlift back an.legs no issue grip a diff story. Weaker than i want it to be so making it a point to work grip strength bro u know deal.

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
Grab a pull-up bar and hang from it as long as you can. This works the kinks out of your back as well.

sh00t

Apr 1, 2013
Anyone use fatgripz? I just started and they seem to be hitting the hell out of my forearms...
And is see now they have the "elite" size, which look insanely huge, which I have not used

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Anyone use fatgripz? I just started and they seem to be hitting the hell out of my forearms...
And is see now they have the "elite" size, which look insanely huge, which I have not used

I have a pair I keep in my gym bag. I put them on the Hammer Strength machines. Its sounds weird but if you do that it takes pressure of your shoulder when it gets beaten up from benching.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
How the hell can fatgripz go over the foam handle on a hammer s machine psych? Big gap in grip right? I got small hand so i choke a pigeon for strength..

Foam? Ours ain't got foam....:confused: But then again Quads is ghetto as fuck.