©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Guaiacol looks like coconut gel, is this right?

chopsuey

Aug 17, 2019
So this is my first time brewing with guaiacol, the bottle I received looks like solid coconut oil?

This came from a reputable place, I expected it to be a liquid? It was insanely cold the week it was delivered to me so not sure if freezing has an affect on it? Or is it just suppose to be like that?

I know newb question but I couldn't find information anywhere on the net about this.

I uploaded a pic if it helps:

https://ibb.co/QYFFS8g

Thanks for any feedback.

chopsuey

Aug 17, 2019
Hmm for anyone who runs into a similar problem, just tried putting an 18g in to extract and its literally rock hard, can't even get the needle in.

Wondering if the freezing temperatures did something, thinking of heating it in a water bath but not sure if thats a good idea? its been at room temperature for a week now.

chopsuey

Aug 17, 2019
If it helps anyone in my situation...

Appearently alot of solvents turn solid when frozen and won't go back to liquid state even at room temperature, needs to be heated.

I put an 18g in the bottle and put it in a water bath, low-med heat, went back to solution within 10 mins.

Jstarks11

Nov 11, 2019
Guaiacol has a freezing point of 28C so that is normal. Once you do your brew with it and mix it with to proper BB and BA and heat it to temp hold and allow to cool. It will not do that anymore. Keep it out of COLD environments and you're GTG.

HUMANALIFE

May 24, 2018
sounds like it got too cold in shipping. I would boil some water, open lid and let it go back to liquid and then keep in room temp.