©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

HCG Question

Defconx3

Jun 6, 2005
Freejay said:
Hey Bro's how is HCG run normally. I assume it is an injectible drug?

HCG is usually run during your cycle to keep the boys from shrinking, or during the last 2 weeks of your cycle before PCT to bring them back up to size. It does this by behaving like LH inside of the body, causing testosterone production to suddenly "turn on". You DO NOT want to use HCG at the same time as Clomid, Nolvadex, or any of your usual PCT drugs. It will be counterproductive.

An example on how I like to use it would be:

Wks 1-4 40mg ED Dbol
Wks 5-6 250-500IU HCG EOD
Wks 1-11 500mg Test Ethanate
Wks 1-10 500mg Equipoise
Wks 11-12 250-500IU HCG EOD
Wks 13-16 Clomid 100mg ED
Wks 12-16 Nolvadex 20-40mg ED

In this example cycle, the HCG is used mid cycle to give the boys a little boost, then again in the end before PCT.

HCG is stored in powder form because it becomes unstable quickly in liquid form unless it is refridgerated. You will usually get an amp of HCG in powder form and another amp full of solvent. If you do not get an ampule of solvent with your HCG, you can just use bacteriostatic water, which is easy to get. You will first suck up the solvent, then put that in the amp with the powder. After it is dissolved, you draw the solution into another syringe and then inject the proper amount. With the left over amount it is a good idea to keep it refridgerated.

I hope this helps out your understanding.

-Defconx3

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
This is the recommendation from Swale, a hormone replacement doctor on some bodybuilding boards. He's a dick, but he does know what he is talking about.

I advise my AAS patients to use small amounts of HCG (250IU to 500IU) two days each week, right from the beginning of the cycle. This serves to maintain testicular form and function. It makes more sense to me to keep the horse in the barn, so to speak, then to have to chase it across three counties later on. I am also a big fan of maintaining estrogen within physiological ranges. Both therapies have been shown to hasten recovery.

Any more than 500IU of HCG per day causes too much aromatase activity. Some feel aromatase is actually toxic to the Leydig cells of the testes. You are then inducing primary hypogonadism (which is permanent) while treating steroid-induced secondary (hypogonadotrophic) hypogonadism (which is temporary--hopefully).

If 250IU or 500IU on two days each week isn’t enough to stave off testicular atrophy, then I recommend using it more days each week (as opposed to taking larger doses). In fact, I wouldn’t mind having a guy use 250IU per day ALL THROUGH the cycle. Those that have tell me they thus avoid that edgy, burned-out feeling they usually get. They also say they simply feel better each day. Subjective reports, to be sure, but they are hard not to appreciate. Especially when HCG is so inexpensive.

The testes are then ready, willing and able to again produce testosterone at the end of the cycle. LH levels rise fairly rapidly, but endogenous testosterone production is limited by lack of use. I also want to make sure a SERM, such as Clomid or Nolvadex, is at effective serum dosage (around 100mg QD for Clomid, 20-40mg QD for Nolvadex) when serum androgen levels drop to a concentration roughly equal to 200mg of testosterone per week. That is when androgenic inhibition at the HP no longer dominates over estrogenic antagonism with respect to inducing LH production. Of course, if the fellow has been doing Clomid or Nolvadex all along the way (and I now prefer Nolvadex over Clomid, due to the possibility of negative sides from the Clomid), he is all set to simply continue it at the end (no need to switch from one to the other). BTW, I see no evidence of any benefit in using BOTH SERM’s at the same time. I used to think a couple of weeks of the SERM was enough; now I like to see an entire month after the last shot of AAS (and migration of long to short esters as the cycle matures). Tapering the SERM is probably a good idea during the last week, as well.

I want my patients to stop taking HCG within a week after the end of the cycle. The testosterone production it induces will further inhibit recovery, as will using Androgel, or any other testosterone preparation, while in recovery. There is no escaping this, as there is no such thing as a “bridge”. Just because you are not inhibiting the HPTA for the entire 24 hours does not mean you are not suppressing it at all. IOW, you can’t “fool” the body—it is smarter than you are.

I like Arimidex during the cycle (in fact, consider use of an AI while taking aromatisables a necessity) but it ABSOLUTELY should not be used post cycle (even though it has been shown to increase LH production) because the risk of driving estrogen too low, and therefore further damaging an already compromised Lipid Profile, is too great (this also drives libido back into the ground—and we don’t want that, do we?).

All this is meant to get my guys through recovery as fast as possible (the real goal, yes?). So far, all of them who have tried it have reported they are recovering faster than when they have tried other protocols.

Defconx3

Jun 6, 2005
tee said:
I like Arimidex during the cycle (in fact, consider use of an AI while taking aromatisables a necessity) but it ABSOLUTELY should not be used post cycle (even though it has been shown to increase LH production) because the risk of driving estrogen too low, and therefore further damaging an already compromised Lipid Profile, is too great (this also drives libido back into the ground—and we don’t want that, do we?).

Thats very important to remember in PCT. I see a lot of people running AI's during PCT, and I really think its a bad idea.

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
hay bro this may help with the ui question,

"How do I convert International Units (IU) to milligrams?
IU stands for International Units and is used for the measurement of drugs and vitamins.

Webster's defines IU as: a quantity of a biologic (such as a vitamin) that produces a particular biological effect agreed upon as an international standard

What this means is that IU is dependent on the potency of the substance, and each substance would have a different IU to milligram conversion. For example, 1000 IU of Vitamin C would have a different weight than 1000 IU of Vitamin A"

Since each substance would have a different conversion ratio, we cannot put up a conversion for IU to milligrams that covers everything, or even most things. Just too many different substances.

I dont know if diferand brands of hgc would have diferant ui to ml ratios

Little Man

Jul 17, 2005
somewhere, US
so if i had some i would mix them together? then find out how much is in there and if lets ssay there is 5000UI and total of 5 ml mixed then that would be 1000UI per ml.?