©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Homebrew impure non steroidal powder?

muscleboundfool

Aug 10, 2013
solubility of egcg in water

Egcg is very water soluble so imo you bac-water should work.

You will probably need to heat the water to help it disolve like you would sugar, then let it cool, check it doesn't crystalise, then filter is that I would try.

It has a ph of 7.2 according to that website so you should feel no pip other than some from the ba if you go for a higher % than 0.9-2%

From reading the article "Caffeine is very soluble in water; tea polyphenols are not. ... For example, CO2 leaves complete approximately 95% of the original EGCG content of green tea."

The only place I found it it was at 10 mg/ml. Who was the guy that got 100 mg/ml maybe he can help me out?

muscleboundfool

Aug 10, 2013
Send me a sack ..ill make and research it..i.drink a gallon of strong green tea i sun brew eod.. i use in pre work stims or even whey shakes....

I think he is exaggerating with a gallon.

If you can make me some I am in. I would rather a expert do this then a novice like me mess it up.

Since this is not illegal, if anyone wants to assist, I am game.

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
From reading the article "Caffeine is very soluble in water; tea polyphenols are not. ... For example, CO2 leaves complete approximately 95% of the original EGCG content of green tea."

The only place I found it it was at 10 mg/ml. Who was the guy that got 100 mg/ml maybe he can help me out?

It wasn't egcg it was l-carnitine, its a few threads down from this 1 dude.

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
I think he is exaggerating with a gallon.

If you can make me some I am in. I would rather a expert do this then a novice like me mess it up.

Since this is not illegal, if anyone wants to assist, I am game.

All you need to do is get it to dissolve then filter it. If its not water soluble then your going to need guaiacol and eo as you would high melting point aas and at 240c I'd say 50mg/ml will be tour max, you probably could hold 100mg/ml but with a stupid amount of guaiacol which you realy don't want to use.

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
Do you know what the molecular weight of egcg is? You could try to dissolve it in peg, but peg can cause and probably will cause high pip and swelling for upto 5days after injection.

Edit just found this site, its MW is 458 so you would need peg 400-600

Also this site says its soluble in water upto 5mg/ml.

You could try peg instead of water.

http://www.herbs-tech.com/product/egcg.asp

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I just made green tea .lol yes a gallon as its hot out and it tastes good..i use 1/4 cup loose tea till its baked dark greenbrown in the sun..thus the word sun tea was invented...

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
I just made green tea .lol yes a gallon as its hot out and it tastes good..i use 1/4 cup loose tea till its baked dark greenbrown in the sun..thus the word sun tea was invented...

Do you drink out of a chawan and use a bamboo whisk aswell? I think I will, might taste better than a mug and spoon lol, also do you drink the actual loose tea?
Iv seen some use a tea strainer but I think it will be better to drink the actual tea leaves also for maximum benifits.

muscleboundfool

Aug 10, 2013
All you need to do is get it to dissolve then filter it. If its not water soluble then your going to need guaiacol and eo as you would high melting point aas and at 240c I'd say 50mg/ml will be tour max, you probably could hold 100mg/ml but with a stupid amount of guaiacol which you realy don't want to use.

Yes but we established that would be super painful at 11ccs a day. 11cc of oil and I will be synthol man with all that oil. I can do 100 mgml water based or even 200 mgml oil based. Anything above that seems overkill.

I see lcarnitine being sold at 200 MG/ml so ther must be something too it.

muscleboundfool

Aug 10, 2013

Wow that's a lot of tea and caffeine. Even at his dose he is probably only getting 1 gram of egcg with the bioavailability only like 100 mg or less a day.

Still looking for some feedback from advanced homebrewers I am missing.

I am still thinking of transdermal route but would be so in accurate due do the high mw. Also I would probably be so greasy.

muscleboundfool

Aug 10, 2013
I am pondering using phlogel instead of injectable. If I get teavigo which is 90% purity, I might be able to pull it off. Could I assume 40% bioavailability with a high mw weight such as egcg? Are there other criteria to determine how well it passes through the skin? People are claiming 60% with aas powder.

I was reading the stickies with phlogel and it looked complicated. Could I simply use a teaspoon of gel mix and apply to skin or does it need to sit a while to form?

muscleboundfool

Aug 10, 2013
I was actually going to start Phlogel but I ran into a problem. Even the purest capsule providers under other ingredients either have Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Rice Flour. This will definitely ruin the amounts needed for transdermal. I can't find any pure powder source for EGCG above 50%.

basskiller

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 29, 2004
maybe think about recrystallizing it and possibly removing the extra crap that is added to your 50% powder

muscleboundfool

Aug 10, 2013
maybe think about recrystallizing it and possibly removing the extra crap that is added to your 50% powder

That would be a task in itself. Keep in mind the 50% just says: polyphenols, catechins and caffeine. Too many possibilities.

I found a couple of pills that are pure EGCG but too bad they add multiple fillers and won't sell me the raw powder. Extraction would be difficult for this too since EGCG is not soluble in pretty much anything.

I was thinking of doing this sub-lingual. There is not much information on what makes a compound a good candidate. I could not find EGCG percentage. Would anyone else know the percentage?

For sublingual is there a method behind it? Do I need to suspend in alcohol or is just putting the powder under the tongue then swishing to the gums enough.

The only problem with EGCG is liver issues so if I avoid first pass, too much of a dose should not be an issue. I just don't want to be getting 1%.