©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How often?

edgar15

Apr 29, 2011
Just curious, how often do you guys do dl's and sq's? Both ew? Sq one week, dl the next?

Mark222

Banned
Aug 29, 2012
I do squats daily but don't do dead lifts. Although I did dead lifts but not regularly only 2-3 time a month. I had a problem of bulky thighs and hips and that's why I did regular squats and jogging along with it. Now I have reduced my thigh size to normal.

Muscleaddict83

Oct 29, 2012
Both every week for me. I'm doing a 5/3/1 FST-7 hybrid right now, but I do them both every week regardless. It's just that I may do some variation when I'm not doing a strength program.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Once a week for each is plenty. Each work LARGE amounts of muscle to the max. Also your CNS gets taxed. People tend to forget this. Max lifts require max nerve engagement. Your body needs time to rebuild. Put each one as far apart schedule-wise as you can. Don't deadlift heavy one day and come back the next day or two for heavy squats and expect to be optimal.

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
Squats are the first exercise on leg day and deads are tbe first exercise on back day always.....no exceptions. These two exercises use more muscles than any others, they're the best.