©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How to make almost any bland shake taste delicious.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
I, like most of the people on this board, take protein shakes. A lot of them. Sometime they taste good. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes we are low on funds and buy the cheapest, nastiest tasting protein powdered out there. I have found an easy way to make almost any flavored shake taste pretty damn good. Pure peanut butter. I have an organic food store in my town with a peanut/cashew/almond grinder. I believe Whole Foods has them too. One spoon full with my shake makes just about anything taste good. Regular peanut butter could probably work too but most of the store bought ones are full of sugar and oil.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Good tip. Another good way is to add ice cubes and a splash of your favorite sugar free coffee creamer. I also perfer mixing with egg whites. To me the taste is better and 4x the protein.

OMAR

Dec 9, 2012
I wish we could buy just flavor additives. Sometimes I would like cookies n' cream, and sometimes I want strawberry, but I don't want to buy a 5 gallon tub of mint chocolate and commit the next two months to the same flavor.

However, I totally would buy 5 gallons of vanilla and an assortment of flavor add-ins.

OMAR

Dec 9, 2012
but in the meantime, I usually add some combination of peanut butter, banana, sometimes yogurt or kiefer, cinnamon, mint extract, coffee.

notdissolved

Nov 6, 2013
When I am sick of protein shakes there is one thing that I add - a single oreo cookie. Then I eat one other cookie while drinking the shake

While this obviously adds sugar - I now have dessert and not a protein shake (at least in my head)