©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

i think i need a change in my routine? help?

bigtime

Aug 24, 2013
in the woods
So i have been off for about a month now, i just plain got burnt out, i was always sore (my work is also very physical), i had a hard time staying motivated. Monday im going to start back at it, but i would like a change in my routine. I generally like to hit the gym 5 days a week, m-f. There is a pretty big guy that went to my old gym that did a 2 on 1 off that worked for him, he wasnt real big tho as i was alot bigger. Any suggestions? Here is an example of my current routine, vets please chime in. Im 6' 270, guessing 16% bf, i can see a 4 pack in the mornings...lol..im 34 years old, im trying to get big as fuck.

Monday: bi's nd tri's
Tuesday: legs
Weds: shoulders nd trapps
Thurs: back, sometimes alil bi's
Friday: chest, sometimes alil tri's

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Start the week off with legs not arms so you get the power from the days off . Big legs mean big everywhere else.. Dont skimp and forget the calves brutha.

Also ab and lower back exercises to keep your trunk solid to support the upper body.

Can u say what a typical leg day would be? Maybe you are overtraing . Thks.
Any specific info helpful for better answers.

bigtime

Aug 24, 2013
in the woods
Here is my typical leg day...
Leg extensions 3x12
Squats 1x12
1X10
1X6
1X3 or 4
Hack squat
Same as above
Leg press
Same as above
Leg extensions, a heavier three sets, the first exercise is to get some blood flow going, knees warmed up, pre fatigue quads..
Leg curls 4x12
Two exercises for calves, 4 sets each...

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Legs then back the next day then day off then so on..
Gotta pre - ex hammys if u pre exhaust quads I feel...no need to do more ext and hammys after squats and hacks unless u are doing for the stretch with light weight high rep.imo

bigtime

Aug 24, 2013
in the woods
Nowhere near the volume i need, im not a beginner...im looking for a different routine for volume or a hit routine...

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Lol..good try d2. He's a tough customer I can tell.
Lets try again! :)

Cybergentics
..lol this is 2014.not 1980

Omg HAHA, Let me give it a try. Hey Pete how about lift some big ass weight for not alot of reps. Then sometimes if u feel like it try lifting a bit lighter weight for wayy more reps. Good luck gettin those gains brother!!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
That looks very interesting but i like more diversity, at least four exercises per bodypart...

Since you just shoot down what everyone says, do it on your own... Pick 4 exercise with various rep ranges and angles for each bodypart using a variety of intensity techniques (bands, drop sets, rest-pause, negatives, statics, peak contractions, pre-exhaustiion, combo-exercises, chains, partials...etc.) and then make a split...

Only you know how frequently you can train and how you recover... Train accordingly.

Maybe:
Legs
Chest and Shoulders
Back width and thickness
Arms

Add in your days of rest as needed.

bigtime

Aug 24, 2013
in the woods
I cant just go do beginners routines, i cant do two exercises per bodypart, and i cant do two major bodyparts in one routine such as shoulders nd chest together. I want advanced routines, i would have liked to have a couple of links to some different hit programs...if everyone would have read my very first post they would know better than to give me a routine designed for a 180 pound beginner, thats why im "shooting" everything down......geeeeesh....

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I cant just go do beginners routines, i cant do two exercises per bodypart, and i cant do two major bodyparts in one routine such as shoulders nd chest together. I want advanced routines, i would have liked to have a couple of links to some different hit programs...if everyone would have read my very first post they would know better than to give me a routine designed for a 180 pound beginner, thats why im "shooting" everything down......geeeeesh....

If you are so advanced post pics..

I guess you aren't intelligent enough to break up training days over a week

I mean I guess John Meadows isn't advanced... Geeze.... His training is similar to what I suggested

I train Mountain dog style. Google it and then you'll see... Oh yeah, forgot about that one... GOOGLE! Use it