©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

If bodybuilders fought?

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I think it would be f-ing hilarious to watch some of the big guys in bodybuilding fight. To watch them lumber around one another gasping for breath and swinging their enormous unflexible arms. What do you all think. It would probably look like sumo wrestling, just with muscular guys instead of fat guys

a-bomb83

fatboy
Apr 4, 2005
da ville
never thought about that...that would be pretty funny though. an even funnier fight would be the 2 MOST biggest discrases ever associtated with bb. how about Greg Kovacks vs. Greg Valentino. that would be hilarious.

M

McKenzie

That would be something to see...I'd pay money to see it :)

P

pincrusher

he we should make a suggestion to the celebrity boxing people for this. it would be really cool to see and they better make it a 1 round fight or neither would be able to come out for later rounds. LOL

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
back in the day there was a fighter in the UFC named Mark Coleman, he looked like a bodybuilder with the huge traps and shoulders and he was a decent fighter. I'm thinking it would be funny to see ronnie coleman get punched in his huge GH gut. I fight at 185 now, and I could take those big guys VERY easily, just make them chase me and work for it and they'll be winded in no time, time for the knee to the jaw.

healthfreak

Jun 19, 2005
IT would be the bobb sapp scenario. just hope to land a big shot or get so tired that he knocks himself out.

anyone here the story about craig titus claiming that if he was not a bber he would be one of the best ufc fighters. LOL ya right.
this ufc fighter I cant remember his name challenged titus to a fight but he backed down.
to be in the ufc you have to be like in the top ten in your weight class in the world.
the ufc guy told titus that thats like saying if I wasnt in ufc I would be top 5 in the olympia.

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
I think that MMA is probably the most demanding sport there is, and weightlifting strength or muscular size aren't important. Look at Randy Coture, he doesn't bench press 400 pounds or squat 600. He uses light weight-compound movements in a circuit training method. I tried a workout of his once and threw up everywhere, and it was only with a 120lb barbell.

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
I agree, I have been in Brazilian Jui-Jitsu for 4 years now, strength only is advantageous when fighting unskilled opponents. With grappling especially, endurance is the key. Now although I have won quite a few fights with strength alone, when I fought someone with both strength and skill it all came down to technique. Besides, bodybuilders would not be great at fighting as you always get injured one way or another. It would be hard to maintain large muscles when your constantly recooperating from an injury. Oh and Coleman was a good fighter but who can compare to the original UFCs where the skinny little Royce Gracie was beating everyone. Once everyone saw the effectiveness of grappling everyone gained some ground skills dispite what martial art they originally started in. Cool thought though, it would be entertaining to see a couple of 280lbs guys ripped to hell trying to pound away at eachother. It would have to be a 3 minute round though as I can't see them lasting much longer!

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
mandarb11 said:
Cool thought though, it would be entertaining to see a couple of 280lbs guys ripped to hell trying to pound away at eachother. It would have to be a 3 minute round though as I can't see them lasting much longer!
that's exactly what i'm saying, Watching these huge guys that can hardly throw punches would be funny as hell, and if it went to the ground it would be even funnier

mrxplosive

Oct 10, 2005
Yeah, but the little guys in UFC are less fun to watch than the big guys. Everyone wants to see the hardest hits, and the little guys don't have enough ass behind their punches to make it as interesting as the larger guys. As for the grappling on the ground, yes, the little guys can win that battle, but its boring as hell to watch them on the ground IMO.

mandarb11

Oct 3, 2005
Ontario Canada
Once you grapple you will appreciate the ground work. I was watching UFC last night with 170lbs guys, amazing all the reversals. When the guys 250lbs etc fought it was slow and uncoordinated. I was laughing my ass off. Not to say you can't be skilled and big at the same time but it is rare! I fight best around 190lbs. I am big and strong enough but still flexible and fast. I am 210lbs right now and I find it hard to do certain moves. Truthfully getting too large only makes you look big and bad, unfortunatly it also makes you slow. So you gain in one area just to lose in another. :(

mrxplosive

Oct 10, 2005
I don't agree that being big equals being slow. Yes, someone who trains really hard and knows there body will typically find their fastest weight. But if you take a big guy that really knows how to train, he will be faster than most guys who train with no real aim or motivation. Maybe this doesn't apply to UFC and MMA fighters like it does regular joe's. I'm 250 and out run and out perform many guys that weigh in at 200-220 when it comes to agility. Yes, I know there are guys that are 160 that could kick my ass in MMA. Still I enjoy watching the big boys fight whether its boxing/UFC/WWE because I appreciate the ability to be fast and agile while also being very powerful and strong. Batista is 6'5" and 315 and doesn't look slow at all in the wring. Roy Jones Jr. has a faster hand than the vast majority of boxers who weigh in several weight classes lighter, and his punch delivers a lot more pop. I don't really have a lot of good examples in UFC other than Tank Abbot was always fun to watch because he was involved in tons of fights that he either knocked someone out or got knocked out.