©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Injection pain

inthehole

Apr 4, 2005
Chicago
I was injecting in my shoulder saturday, nothing unusual on the injection, but some blood came out when i pulled the pin out. . Later that day my shoulder started hurting. Its happened b4. Some pain after an injection but now 3 days later my range of motion in my shoulder is horrible and the pain isnt subsiding. I trained shoulders lastnight, probably didnt help. Did i hit a nerve, or could i have an infection.

P

pincrusher

inthehole said:
I was injecting in my shoulder saturday, nothing unusual on the injection, but some blood came out when i pulled the pin out. . Later that day my shoulder started hurting. Its happened b4. Some pain after an injection but now 3 days later my range of motion in my shoulder is horrible and the pain isnt subsiding. I trained shoulders lastnight, probably didnt help. Did i hit a nerve, or could i have an infection.
i doubt it is an infection cause i dont think it would have started to hurt so quickly after the injection. sounds like you nicked a bloodvessel which would account for the blood coming out when you pulled the pin out. did you aspirate before injecting?
is there any redness or heat on the skin surface where you injected? is there a lump at the injection site? if you answer no to these questions then it is probably that you may have moved the needle around some during the injection process and did a little damage to the muscle cells which will take a week or so to fix.