©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Lats width and thickness

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Hey boss,
This is going to go against bbing tradition cuz its science, but you got that lats that the Maker gave you. They pretty much going to grow both ways simultaneously, however not necessarily proportionately. Muscle are round bundles that contract to perform a movement and the fibers can not be isolated. Whether you row or chin they are all going to contract to perform the movement.

Now, oftentimes when people speak of thickness they are speaking of middle and lower traps, which can be developed on any pulling movement by simply retracting the scapula.

That being said, there are other muscles involved in back movements so I recommend a balanced routine involing a pull up, a row variation and finish with a racklift.

Good luck,
Hawk

Cerberus777

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 1, 2012
Hey boss,
This is going to go against bbing tradition cuz its science, but you got that lats that the Maker gave you. They pretty much going to grow both ways simultaneously, however not necessarily proportionately. Muscle are round bundles that contract to perform a movement and the fibers can not be isolated. Whether you row or chin they are all going to contract to perform the movement.

Now, oftentimes when people speak of thickness they are speaking of middle and lower traps, which can be developed on any pulling movement by simply retracting the scapula.

That being said, there are other muscles involved in back movements so I recommend a balanced routine involing a pull up, a row variation and finish with a racklift.

Good luck,
Hawk

^^^This^^^

I'd only ad find what works for your bio mechanics. If you feel it working, and it leaves you soar where you want to grow, is a good starting point.

For pull ups I find my elbows have to stay more the front of me to hit the lats hard if I let them go back it's more middle back and bis. Rack chins do this naturally.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I would really to make my lats wider and thicker

What are the best exercises? I know pull over helps a lot although I find difficult to manage heavy weights on the bench

What else?

See pics below to see how my back looks at the moment

https://www.dropbox.com/s/stwzl2p0dia7qpu/photo 22-06-2015 20 35 26.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/capxmiserulqrmd/photo 22-06-2015 20 35 56.jpg?dl=0

I like pulldowns,,pullups and seated rows. Ive been supersetting pulldowns and cable rows and my back has never looked better.