©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

looking for advice.. older guy

Duluxx

Donating Member
Mar 4, 2018
Yes, but concreteguy recommended in his post that he do a "low fat keto diet." I'm unfamiliar with it, perhaps CG could elaborate? I assumed that it would just essentially be a high daily intake of protein with the other macros just being as low as possible. Maybe with a weekly refeed day?

Keto is a fat diet. I’m on it. The whole idea about Keto is, fat don’t make you fat. It’s usually 70% healthy fats, 25% protein and 5% carbs from vegetables. Fats are essential to your health. If you take away fat it would be a Atkins diet. But even Atkins has fat from meats just not 70% like a Keto diet. Keto is the best diet I’ve ever been on. When I competed all my trainers had me on only protein diet. This can’t be sustainable. You need fats for natural testosterone production. If your on trt, keto doesn’t matter.

GreenEarth

Jun 12, 2018
I understand that, but I'm still curious as to what CG is talking about and his reasoning behind it, so I was asking for him to chime in.

It's great that it works incredibly well for you. But that's not going to be a sure thing across the board. Keto was one of the worst diets I ever used...it took me a while to realize it, but genetically my body functions incredibly well on carbohydrates. Keto had me feeling like absolute death for 3 months.

Duluxx

Donating Member
Mar 4, 2018
I understand that, but I'm still curious as to what CG is talking about and his reasoning behind it, so I was asking for him to chime in.

It's great that it works incredibly well for you. But that's not going to be a sure thing across the board. Keto was one of the worst diets I ever used...it took me a while to realize it, but genetically my body functions incredibly well on carbohydrates. Keto had me feeling like absolute death for 3 months.

This is very true. Not everything will work for everyone. You need to find your own personal plan. I was main referring to op saying he is natural. Moderate to high fats is what he needs to keep his T going.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
A low dose of test would be great for the way you look and feel. If you want to do a cycle then more than trt but nothing over the top. I think a total of 250-300mg test per week injected twice would be good for you. Maybe 30-40mg anavar for the last 6 weeks as well. You don't need anymore than that and even just the test should make a big difference.

ajt

Jun 21, 2018
A low dose of test would be great for the way you look and feel. If you want to do a cycle then more than trt but nothing over the top. I think a total of 250-300mg test per week injected twice would be good for you. Maybe 30-40mg anavar for the last 6 weeks as well. You don't need anymore than that and even just the test should make a big difference.

looks like a reasonable recommendation. it was similar to what I was thinking.

you suggest an oral at the end instead of the beginning?

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
what kind of dosage are we talking about 200mg per week?

Hey welcome aboard. I’m 53 I lifted natty 15 years. Since then 20 plus cycles . Personally I think easier to stay lean natty . No kidding . I been bodybuilding 30 plus and daily martial arts for over 40 years and I was in military so training up to 12 hours day was not unusual in my life . What Drew me to aas was the notion of deca easing joint pain . Enough of me - my point is really only you can answer most specific questions by either keeping journal , trial error . I’d start at 200 keep diary record moods, appetite sleep training progress etc . Take enough to progress as taking too much is always the temptation. However if you do this way then add higher dosage if needed over time you will control results easily, be able to monitor and maybe avoid sides . Like some one said too - keep AI on hand compounds like aromasin letrizole are powerful then you got partial old school compound like novaldex / tamoxifen that is weaker but site specific concentrations on nipple area to control gyno sides . There also adex take EOD .25 will pretty much halt estrogen but also sides come along . Winny is one of my faves but honestly useless as stand alone cycle . Winny along with test or those deca dudes will compliment the other compounds by drying out the body through different pathway then AI . Depends how far you decide to go. Proviron also used to control estrogen harden up along with test but again more compounds and doses equal potential of more sides . If you have cash modest dose of test and 2-4 iu HGH together would go together nicely to harden up keep muscle and at your age the hgh will benefit. I began aas in my 30s , later I became remailer for guy and payment was keeping hgh kits for my help . I used generic too and in my 40s without extreme diet I had my erector Christmas tree fibers showing through skin, striations in pecs etc. you seem to be good now so avoid investing too much in chemicals but if I had to limit test , hgh and an AI ( I keep supply of novaldex and adex always on hand ) my advice always is you are your best teacher . Your stats to me are already awesome . So good advice from other guys on this thread . Mine start low slow listen to your body resist the temptation to go higher let the effects work , before you go higher

ketsugo

Mar 1, 2005
Earth
This is very true. Not everything will work for everyone. You need to find your own personal plan. I was main referring to op saying he is natural. Moderate to high fats is what he needs to keep his T going.

Bump well said !! There is different response for everyone. We all need to find what works for us personally. I also totally agree fatty acids are pretty much considered the building blocks of testosterone. We need healthy fats also for health. Me being in my 50s can attest labs are utmost and using these compounds will effect the blood levels in fact you can actually increase blood count too high as you get to be old bag like myself lol . My RBCs and Iron went too high but donating blood regularly keeps in check . Older guys need to also monitor more closely. Though great advice from CG and Duluxx knows his shit too!

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I find as guys get older they have to be more careful with diet as it doesn't take much to stall results or even go backwards. Many are better using a more keto based diet especially if you want to lose body fat. The healthy fats will also help with your testosterone level. You could even add in a test booster like tribulus that should help. Your test level isn't that bad but eventually going the trt route is smart for most especially at your age. Having a level closer to 1000 and you will feel and look better for it. If your test level had been 1000 for the last year you would have more muscle and be leaner now.

ajt

Jun 21, 2018
Hey welcome aboard. I’m 53 I lifted natty 15 years. Since then 20 plus cycles . Personally I think easier to stay lean natty . No kidding . I been bodybuilding 30 plus and daily martial arts for over 40 years and I was in military so training up to 12 hours day was not unusual in my life . What Drew me to aas was the notion of deca easing joint pain . Enough of me - my point is really only you can answer most specific questions by either keeping journal , trial error . I’d start at 200 keep diary record moods, appetite sleep training progress etc . Take enough to progress as taking too much is always the temptation. However if you do this way then add higher dosage if needed over time you will control results easily, be able to monitor and maybe avoid sides . Like some one said too - keep AI on hand compounds like aromasin letrizole are powerful then you got partial old school compound like novaldex / tamoxifen that is weaker but site specific concentrations on nipple area to control gyno sides . There also adex take EOD .25 will pretty much halt estrogen but also sides come along . Winny is one of my faves but honestly useless as stand alone cycle . Winny along with test or those deca dudes will compliment the other compounds by drying out the body through different pathway then AI . Depends how far you decide to go. Proviron also used to control estrogen harden up along with test but again more compounds and doses equal potential of more sides . If you have cash modest dose of test and 2-4 iu HGH together would go together nicely to harden up keep muscle and at your age the hgh will benefit. I began aas in my 30s , later I became remailer for guy and payment was keeping hgh kits for my help . I used generic too and in my 40s without extreme diet I had my erector Christmas tree fibers showing through skin, striations in pecs etc. you seem to be good now so avoid investing too much in chemicals but if I had to limit test , hgh and an AI ( I keep supply of novaldex and adex always on hand ) my advice always is you are your best teacher . Your stats to me are already awesome . So good advice from other guys on this thread . Mine start low slow listen to your body resist the temptation to go higher let the effects work , before you go higher

thanks for your response man I appreciate the thought you put into your post.