©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

lowest dose of t3 you've had success with

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
You're already suppressing your thyroid temporarily so staying on longer/tapering off will just keep you suppressed longer. Just google it and you'll see that tapering is not needed :)

Most of the research and my own personal experience has me thinking the other way.

When ever I've tapered I have always manage to keep weight off and feel fine. The few times I've run 100mcg/ed and suddenly stop takes me a few weeks to feel normal and I usually gain quite a bit of fat in that time.

If you read the article I just posted about Thyroid and AAS's Karl Hoffman goes into a good amount of detail about the feedback mechanism and the cascade that ensues before endogenous suppression occurs. I still feel there is quite a bit of an advantage when tapering.

But bottom line neither protocol is going to kill you so to each their own I suppose.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
Most of the research and my own personal experience has me thinking the other way.

When ever I've tapered I have always manage to keep weight off and feel fine. The few times I've run 100mcg/ed and suddenly stop takes me a few weeks to feel normal and I usually gain quite a bit of fat in that time.

If you read the article I just posted about Thyroid and AAS's Karl Hoffman goes into a good amount of detail about the feedback mechanism and the cascade that ensues before endogenous suppression occurs. I still feel there is quite a bit of an advantage when tapering.

But bottom line neither protocol is going to kill you so to each their own I suppose.

touche :cool:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Big D sounds good and ok to me, are you going to get a blood lab test say 4 weeks in?.be a good idea just so you know how it stands and will this be liquid or tablet t3?

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
hey thanks for the reply IB, so 75mcg wouldnt be too much you dont think? they would be tabs. i was actually getting blood work again here in about a month, but for general health reasons/routine blood work.

vikingquest

Jan 21, 2012
My mom gets prescribed 90 mcgs a day. Not sure if that helps but she's been on it forever. Was on 120mcgs a day and they lowered it.

brenn

Nov 8, 2008
I jacked this from another board, I'd give credit but don't wanna violate any rules here.

IME, a low dose of T3 only works as long as your own production isn't shut down from it. Because it's stacked on top of your own production. After you shut down, you're running on way less T3 than your natty level, unless you up the dose. So a small dose is only effective short term.

Honestly, I hesitate to post this because it can seem extreme. But IME, a little T3 does next to nothing for me, but eventually shut down my own production. If I'm gonna use it (as with anything), I'm gonna use enough to make it work.

So, this below accounts for variance in each person's system. Dunno if it's the best system, but it does give a way to measure if T3 is doing anything at all. And how to adjust it for yourself. It also accounts for rebound and how to better avoid it.

The rest of the results (bulk or cut) rely on training, diet and gear, as we know. So here goes.

Hope this helps someone! B.

1. take your morning temp (in ear thermometer) before leaving bed 5 mornings in a row..
2. start your t3 use, 50-100mcg/day
3. keep measuring your temp.
4. after 5 days if your temp is not 0.3-0.6 higher, (so, from 98.6 to between 99.1 and 99.6 for non metric folks) take another 25mcg, if not higher in another 5 days, take another 25mcg. Most shouldn't need more than 150mcg total.
5. keep measuring your temp.
6. when your temp drops 0.6deg 3xmornings in a row- is the temp lower than when you started? if not you have just started to down regulate your own production.

Stop and you will have no rebound; if its lower than when you started, you will have a little rebound, unless you keep your diet tight- keep measuring, and when your temp goes back to your baseline, your thyroid has recovered full function.

I tend to run 2days on 2days of, and have not had a temp drop in over 6months...

if you run daily, you will lose fat faster, but may get a temp drop and some rebound. your choice.

the temp approach was originaly developed by:
Broda Otto Barnes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and refined for BBs by:
Dan Duchaine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

in his book BodyOpus..."

Last edited:

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
now if one had the choice...use t3 solo at 50-75mcg or use t3 with clen, say 50-75mcg t3/60-80mcg clen? hmmm

vikingquest

Jan 21, 2012
I add clen to t3. The synergy is great. Start at 20mcgs to assess and then bump it 20 each day until you get to 120, or before if sides are too bad, and stay there for either one week on, one week off or two weeks on two weeks off or even two days on one day off.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
I add clen to t3. The synergy is great. Start at 20mcgs to assess and then bump it 20 each day until you get to 120, or before if sides are too bad, and stay there for either one week on, one week off or two weeks on two weeks off or even two days on one day off.

did you notice better fat loss with the two combined compared to t3 solo?

vikingquest

Jan 21, 2012
Oh for sure. To the point where I ate extra cheats and still lost weight. I weigh every morning. If I'm losing fast one week, I will take advantage and eat some junk and still lose weight. Clen is amazing. Be careful with it, but it works great especially combined with t3.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
Oh for sure. To the point where I ate extra cheats and still lost weight. I weigh every morning. If I'm losing fast one week, I will take advantage and eat some junk and still lose weight. Clen is amazing. Be careful with it, but it works great especially combined with t3.

hmm interesting. thanks for the insight brotha

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
but 50mcg is the most you'd go on a cruise, or would you venture to 75mcg?

vikingquest

Jan 21, 2012
I would play with it a little. Start with 25mcgs and see how you feel. Bump it to 50 and see the results. If you're losing fat and not muscle, try 75mcgs and see how it goes. You really need to assess how YOUR body reacts to things since everyone is different. If you eat enough protein, you shouldn't lose much if any muscle at 75mcgs with 100mgs of test and proper training and rest.

If you add clen, it's less time you need to be on the t3 too as you should lose a decent amount more weight. How much are you looking to drop and where are you now? Adding fasted am cardio alone should drop you down some lbs.