©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Male Fertility

Cannons

Big Gunz
Sep 3, 2005
Wherever I'm needed baby!
I figured that I'd post this for PCT information since it deals with the reproductive system that we oh so try our damndest to repair once we've saturated it with synthetic hormones. Here are some supplements that have been proven to improve sperm count and mobility, usually within about 3-4 months of administration of such. Oh before that, Guaifenesin (Plain Robitusson-no letter extensions) can improve motility by thinning out the semen allowing for your guys to swim up stream easier, thats interesting:

Arginine—Take 4 gr daily. Needed to produce sperm. If the sperm count is below 10 million per ml, arginine probably will not provide any benefit.
Coenzyme Q10—Take 10 mg daily. Increases sperm count and motility.
Flaxseed oil—Take 1 tbsp daily. Is a source of essential fatty acids.
L-carnitine—Take 3-4 grams daily. Required for normal sperm function.
Multivitamin-mineral—Buy a high-quality product and take one serving size (differs from brand to brand).
Selenium—Take 200 mcg daily. Improves sperm motility.
Vitamin B-12—Take 1000 mcg daily. A B-12 deficiency reduces sperm motility and sperm count. Even if no deficiency exists, B-12 supplementation may help men with a sperm count of less than 20 million per milliliter or a motility rate of less than 50%
Vitamin C—Take 500 mg 2 times daily. Is an antioxidant.
Vitamin E—Take 400 IUs 2 times daily. Is an antioxidant and improves sperms’ ability to impregnate.
Zinc—Take 15 mg 2 times daily. Required for a healthy male reproductive system and sperm production.

Also, some key nutrition facts to help increase sperm count/mobility:
Eat a natural foods diet that focuses on fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, fish, poultry, legumes, nuts, and seeds.
Drink ½ of body weight in ounces of water daily (most of us do anyway)
Eliminate processed and refined foods (e.g., white flour), junk food, sugars, alcohol, and caffeine. (most do anyway)
Avoid saturated fats and hydrogenated oils (e.g., margarine); use olive oil. (again, most do)
Pumpkin seeds are naturally high in zinc and essential fatty acids which are vital to healthy functioning of the male reproductive system. Eat ¼ to ½ cup a day of pumpkin seeds to help maintain a healthy reproductive system. (something new to me)

You'll notice that alot of these supplements, as bodybuilders, we take everyday, and if you read my better brain thread, alot are there as well. Point being alot of these are simply anti-oxidants that link up with free radicals to help the body work the way it is supposed to, to put it quite simply. Obviously this is not the sure fire way to conception, but definitely a step in the right direction. Of course I would reccommend if you plan on trying to have a baby, and you are on cycle, start taking these supplements during cycle so that they are built up, do your PCT with HCG and clomid (preferably since these are the main two to boost LH and FSH function) and go from there. I've found most of my information through medical studies and research of supplements.

Heres an explanation of a couple of the supplements listed above:
Acetyl-L-Carnitine
L-Carnitine

Researchers have found that L-carnitine is found in much greater amounts in sperm tissues than other cells. Preliminary studies suggest that L-carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine may be able to stimulate sperm motility in certain situations. The role of L-carnitine on sperm maturation and sperm quality however, is still unclear.

Arginine, L-Arginine -- studies indicate that this amino acid may improve sperm motility

Zinc is an essential nutrient for proper sperm production. A deficiency may result in lowered testosterone levels. This mineral is found in great amounts in the outer layer of sperm and plays an important role in the production of the hormone testosterone.

Anti-Oxidants are necessary for good sperm health.

Vitamin E, Supplementation with this antioxidant has been shown to increase sperm motility and to enhance the ability of the sperm to penetrate the egg in test-tube studies.

Vitamin C - research suggests it may prevent sperm from "clumping" together and that it increases sperm count.

Cannons

Big Gunz
Sep 3, 2005
Wherever I'm needed baby!
Its good info for all the males. If ya start with a good supplement, anti-oxidant routine early in life, you can prevent alot of the aging process that your body goes through, this happens to be one of them. Saving the brain is another.....see my build a better brain post.