©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Metformin with fat loss goal in mind

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
So a friend of mine got her Rx dose of metformin upped and no longer needed the smaller 500mg tabs she had left so she gave them to me.
From what I have read around they can be a great tool to control appetite as well as fat loss.
I have read a few posts talking about using them with meals to increase insulin sensitivity and help utilize carbs more efficiently. Guys are often talking about using 500mg with regular meals and 1000mg with high carb meals.

Where I am mainly interested in the fat loss usage of the drug I'm curious if this same dosage and timing is effective/best for my current goals.. Also how long would be an ideal duration to use it? She only had 52 left in the bottle.. So at that dose I'd only have enough for about 17 days of constant use.

A little about me: 5'10" 230lbs about 20% bodyfat

I am currently on prescription TRT at 100mg test cyp/week

in my last 12 week cut lost about 30lbs with about 6% bf loss. So I have been enjoying the summer and am going to hit another big cut starting September 29. Would it be more beneficial to use the metformin during the cut or while in a bulking diet to keep lean?

Hope this is a good section for my post! Any advice is helpful..

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Use it to cut and get as lean as possible. That will make your body more responsive to your next bulking phase. We all know that no matter what size you are, being as lean as possible always looks better.

And if you want more, I just checked the online pharmacy I normally use and generic metformin is readily available. It's not terribly pricey, but not really cheap either.

KletoReese

Aug 24, 2014
What is the Protocol?

Use it to cut and get as lean as possible. That will make your body more responsive to your next bulking phase. We all know that no matter what size you are, being as lean as possible always looks better.

And if you want more, I just checked the online pharmacy I normally use and generic metformin is readily available. It's not terribly pricey, but not really cheap either.

How does one lean out on Metformin? What is the right protocol? Should I take it during my meals daily at 500mg/tab or only on my cheat meal which falls on the weekend?

Thanks!

Phoenixk2

AnaSCI VET
Dec 2, 2013
Take it at least 3 times a day. Your appetite will decrease and it'll keep your Insulin from spiking and causing fat storage.

KletoReese

Aug 24, 2014
So a friend of mine got her Rx dose of metformin upped and no longer needed the smaller 500mg tabs she had left so she gave them to me.
From what I have read around they can be a great tool to control appetite as well as fat loss.
I have read a few posts talking about using them with meals to increase insulin sensitivity and help utilize carbs more efficiently. Guys are often talking about using 500mg with regular meals and 1000mg with high carb meals.

Where I am mainly interested in the fat loss usage of the drug I'm curious if this same dosage and timing is effective/best for my current goals.. Also how long would be an ideal duration to use it? She only had 52 left in the bottle.. So at that dose I'd only have enough for about 17 days of constant use.

A little about me: 5'10" 230lbs about 20% bodyfat

I am currently on prescription TRT at 100mg test cyp/week

in my last 12 week cut lost about 30lbs with about 6% bf loss. So I have been enjoying the summer and am going to hit another big cut starting September 29. Would it be more beneficial to use the metformin during the cut or while in a bulking diet to keep lean?

Hope this is a good section for my post! Any advice is helpful..
I am exactly the same stats as you Brother: bw, bf, ht and wt. I am also on the same TRT dose. What protocol did you follow to lose 6% or did you get your bodyfat down to 6%?

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
I am exactly the same stats as you Brother: bw, bf, ht and wt. I am also on the same TRT dose. What protocol did you follow to lose 6% or did you get your bodyfat down to 6%?
I wish I got down to 6% haha no I lost 6..
Went from 24 to 19.

Really just diet and exercise bro.. It was right when I started my trt so I imagine that helped too.

I actually just followed a program on bodybuilding.com it's called Chris Gethin's 12 week trainer program here is a link. I really liked it! It helped me stay on track sticking exactly to his program

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer-week-1.html

KletoReese

Aug 24, 2014
I wish I got down to 6% haha no I lost 6..
Went from 24 to 19.

Really just diet and exercise bro.. It was right when I started my trt so I imagine that helped too.

I actually just followed a program on bodybuilding.com it's called Chris Gethin's 12 week trainer program here is a link. I really liked it! It helped me stay on track sticking exactly to his program

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer-week-1.html
Thanks a lot! I have seen this program before. I take it you are an Endo type?

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
Yeah I'd say so.. Maybe somewhat on the endo-meso side
This was actually my before and after shot from my transformation
Not a huge change but I'm really a lot leaner than before

uploadfromtaptalk1408904008702.jpg

Last edited:

KletoReese

Aug 24, 2014
Are you kidding? There IS a change! You can see your waist has gone down a lot and abs are slowly coming in. That's great! Did you also follow his nutrition plan? By the way thanks for posting your pics!

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
Hey Bro, I'm checking in. How have you progressed so far?
Sorry man I've been away..

I took the met for about a week and a half.. Had the shits everyday (I've heard it's a common side that passes after about 2 weeks) but I decided to go donate plasma one night after a hard workout while on it and I fainted.. Lol nothing serious but between that and the daily squirts I decided to stop taking it.

Didn't see any great results in the short time I took it that wouldn't have been from diet alone. So it's hard to give a real opinion.

KletoReese

Aug 24, 2014
Sorry man I've been away..

I took the met for about a week and a half.. Had the shits everyday (I've heard it's a common side that passes after about 2 weeks) but I decided to go donate plasma one night after a hard workout while on it and I fainted.. Lol nothing serious but between that and the daily squirts I decided to stop taking it.

Didn't see any great results in the short time I took it that wouldn't have been from diet alone. So it's hard to give a real opinion.
Lol!! With the squirts and the plasma donation alone you should.ve noticed some loss. A week and a half is too short. I've just started and gauging myself, let's see how far this goes. Thanks for your input. Hope your training is going well.