©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Mom's Diet

vent_noir

Jan 3, 2013
Hey Anasci,

Recently ive become a bit (really) more concerned with my mothers heath. She's age 55, 5*4 about 165+ pounds. For a long time she has been diagnosed with high blood pressure and cholesterol and takes medication for them.

My goal is to try and completely re-do her diet (which is terrible) and bring some of these levels down. The reason im posting on this forum and asking you guys for your help is simple, most of you guys know your shit when it comes to diet and exercise.

This is a very rough draft of what im trying to fix...

1. She loves food that is very high in fat. And not the good kind either, im talking about cheese, gravy, creamy sauces... foods that contain high amounts of LDL cholesterol have have a calorie intake of about 100 per tablespoon. Rarely will she ever eat things that have good fats: Fish, nuts, olive oil and beef or meat based products.

2. She has the fat person mentality. Yes, I just called my own mom fat. But shes needs tough love or shes going to kick the bucket sooner than later. Her logic is this, I work late and have off hours so I need a meal that fills me up . This meal is something very fatty based and taken from the list above.

3. Her logic is the most dumbfounding thing ever. I just got off the phone with her and this is what she said, "I don't want to switch to a high fat diet. Fat has been proven to clog arteries." What the hell do you think your current diet is doing? Making you grow wings?

4. Final: She thinks that she can get away with this terrible eating by doing a two mile low pace walk every couple of days.

If you guys could post anything: Tips, tricks, and more importantly some of your favorite links disproving her stupid theories about fat you'll literally be helping me save my moms life.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I told my mom who has been obese her entire life, to go vegetarian- she dropped 165 lbs and has all her cholesterol under control for the first time ever.

I basically said- you're gonna die before I have kids if you don't learn to respect your body. That hit her hard and brought some element of the reality of the situation to her.

vent_noir

Jan 3, 2013
I told my mom who has been obese her entire life, to go vegetarian- she dropped 165 lbs and has all her cholesterol under control for the first time ever.

I basically said- you're gonna die before I have kids if you don't learn to respect your body. That hit her hard and brought some element of the reality of the situation to her.

She doesn't eat to much meat though. And going vegetarian is by no means a sure thing to lose weight. You cannot imagine how many obese people Ive seen order a salad then drown the poor thing in ranch.

Its the fucking fatty foods shes addicted to.

Glad your mom shaped up. Happy for you man

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Most women do very well on the higher fat/low carbs anabolic type diet.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Most women do very well on the higher fat/low carbs anabolic type diet.

Yeah this right here. Quite honestly we should all eat like that.
Its not the fatty foods necessarily that are making her overweight. Its the combination of that with high carbs and sedentary lifestyle (I'm assuming she doesn't exercise?).

When your blood is full of insulin you WILL NOT burn any fat.