©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

more important for maintaining healthy bloods...

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
adding things in ie; cardio, vitamins/supps etc OR taking things out/modifying doses and/or compounds?

seems like ppl are quick to throw this and that in the mix to help fix low hdl, or high bp. but what about on the flip side, what about lowering the dose of certain things, or staying away from orals for example? thought this would be an interesting discussion. thanks guys

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Posting the same thing I posted on pro muscle:

When it comes to making changes I am a fan of doing things incrementally versus using a shotgun approach. Assuming you start off healthy and start doing one thing but notice certain things are going wrong health wise, eliminate that or reduce it. Then look elsewhere for something to help you meet your goals.

Although health is the most important overall, there are certain times when we kind of push those limits and it is fine balancing act to use various compounds while maintaining health. Those are the times when it might be necessary to add in supplements to help counteract the negative effects but this should only be a temporary solution and once a certain desired outcome is achieved go back to eliminating things to bring your body into balance.

It's almost like you are a high performance car, you can only run at 8,000 rpms for so long before burning out and you do what you can to sustain that level of performance for as long as possible without compromising the integrity of the vehicle and when you hit the finish line let things settle and take a few easy laps and let the car cool off and do some maintenance work while you are taking it easy (see doctors, bloodwork, let joints recover, immunity rebounds...etc) before charging things up again.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
Posting the same thing I posted on pro muscle:

When it comes to making changes I am a fan of doing things incrementally versus using a shotgun approach. Assuming you start off healthy and start doing one thing but notice certain things are going wrong health wise, eliminate that or reduce it. Then look elsewhere for something to help you meet your goals.

Although health is the most important overall, there are certain times when we kind of push those limits and it is fine balancing act to use various compounds while maintaining health. Those are the times when it might be necessary to add in supplements to help counteract the negative effects but this should only be a temporary solution and once a certain desired outcome is achieved go back to eliminating things to bring your body into balance.

It's almost like you are a high performance car, you can only run at 8,000 rpms for so long before burning out and you do what you can to sustain that level of performance for as long as possible without compromising the integrity of the vehicle and when you hit the finish line let things settle and take a few easy laps and let the car cool off and do some maintenance work while you are taking it easy (see doctors, bloodwork, let joints recover, immunity rebounds...etc) before charging things up again.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation

Personally I don't like how people kind of ignore this question... Yes, you use common sense and all that... But we are bodybuilders, this is not a safe sport. Period. We take a lot of risks, both in the things we use and the nature we push our bodies. What are you going to do when you are prepping for a national level show you've spent the past year getting ready for when your health is taking a beating and you have four weeks left? That's when shit gets real... You have to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself what you really want. Is the risk worth it? Can I bounce back?

This shit ain't no walk in the park...

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
Personally I don't like how people kind of ignore this question... Yes, you use common sense and all that... But we are bodybuilders, this is not a safe sport. Period. We take a lot of risks, both in the things we use and the nature we push our bodies. What are you going to do when you are prepping for a national level show you've spent the past year getting ready for when your health is taking a beating and you have four weeks left? That's when shit gets real... You have to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself what you really want. Is the risk worth it? Can I bounce back?

This shit ain't no walk in the park...

these were my thoughts as well. seems like ppl will justify blasting 1g of tren bc they are running prami with it...just an example obviously, but still....

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
U guys are douche bags..not u atom.. they know who..
It is common sense.. dont blow your wad when you got a lifetime to fine tune your unit...

This is true... As a precursur to this, let me say that I fall into this demographic I am critiquing and this is how I see it among my peers... IB, how often do you hear someone young who has yet to fully understand their body or develop proper training and nutrition habits jump of some juice and start running super high doses? it is the nature of this generation, so many want that quick gratification and are too shortsighted to see the long term effects. Instead they talk to some dude who tell them to add this and that to combat all of the sides and by the time all is said and done they have a fucking treasure chest of gear, ancillaries and OTC supplements running through their body and their internals are slowly breaking down....but you know what, it doesn't matter because with all of the shit they are running, on the outside they look great and for them that means they are healthy... little do they know what is happening on the inside. This is a generation of more is better and instant gratification is the norm...in this game, it is a recipe for disaster.

For guys that have been in the game and those who are younger and understand what is happening, yes it is common sense. Shit goes wrong, bloods are off, don't add to that stack, stop or change what you are doing to prevent it, not mask the problem.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
HDL comes to mind here. I had a terrible reading of 4 on my last set of labs. Now I know that is very bad but I was also on superdrol at the time. I have been taking measures to fix it with cardio, fish oil, almonds, but Im thinkin the drol was the biggest issue. With that out of the mix I'm expecting MUCH better numbers when I get my next set of labs done

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
Anyhow my point is while I could add even more things into the mix to help bring hdl up, ie low dose nolva, avocado daily, niacin, red wine at dinner, im sure im missing a few lol. But as atom said, taking out the likely culprit should be the main priority ...which I have done a while ago :)

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Geeze I thought it was easier than common sense for a novice gear user to know that orals are not good, and prohormones are even worse. Anybody using orals (especially winstrol) is a dumbass in my book especially when there's so many options for injectables out there.