©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Morons at The Gym

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
It seems lately at my gym we have a epidemic of idiots lifting and not having a clue.

Do any of you ever say anything to these people?

#1 we have the newbies that just don't have a clue, and I want to say something to them so they don't hurt themself plus a little help never hurt anyone and with some advice they might see better results and have a better chance of staying in the gym.

#2 Now the 2nd group of morons drives me nuts, it's the half lifters or even the 2-3 inch lifters that seem to be everywhere, wearing a tank top year round and haven't gained or lost weight since they joined
They load on the plates and do the 3 inch squat on the smith machine or the 2 plate 3 inch tricep extension on the bench, or the swinging lat pull down, etc etc etc, and to make it even funnier or more insane these retards keep a lifting log book of their reps and weight
I mean WTF :action-smiley-060:
We have this one asshole that loads both top and bottom racks on the leg press wraps up the knees gets a spotter and goes no more than a 2 inch leg press

It just drives me crazy, i know it shouldn't bother me but it does, I want to call them out or say something so bad but i figure it is probably best to keep my mouth shut. I started my lifting 22 years ago in prison and if i didn't lift correctly they made me lift correctly!!!! I am no personal trainer and not saying i know everything and i am sure i make alot of mistakes, but i always have watched other guys that were huge lift and learned from them and asked questions, these people in the gym either think they know it all or are to afraid to ask, I think they are intimadated by big guys and they couldn't be more wrong , i would bet that at least 95% of the guys here would take the time to help anyone at the gym with their advice or experience if they would only ask us.

I need to find a T-Shirt with a saying on it that makes these guys look like assholes, anyone ever see one please send a link i want to buy some and wear them at the gym everyday

Yo Big John you find everything on the net let me know if you can find one :D

Last edited:

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Man, that stuff you wrote is so damn true. I see them all the time.

This past Wednesday, I stepped away from my bench after my second set, to get some weight to put on it and this asshole started unloading my plates from the bar. I raised my voice and told him from about 20 feet away I was on that. He looked surprised, and I smiled and told him nicely that I had one more set and then he could have it. He responded that he didn't want anything but the weights. I looked at him, he then replaced my 45lb plate on my bar, and walked off like an asshole. Whatever, dude. That is why I love being my size, sometimes. He was probably 100lbs lighter than me. Fucking assholes are the cause of any road rage I ever feel.

I feel better now after venting about that. :)

Last edited:

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
Man, that stuff you wrote is so damn true. I see them all the time.

This past Wednesday, I stepped away from my bench after my second set, to get some weight to put on it and this asshole started unloading my plates from the bar. I raised my voice and told him from about 20 feet away I was on that. He looked surprised, and I smiled and told him nicely that I had one more set and then he could have it. He responded that he didn't want anything but the weights. I looked at him, he then replaced my 45lb plate on my bar, and walked off like an asshole. Whatever, dude. That is why I love being my size, sometimes. He was probably 100lbs lighter than me. Fucking assholes are the cause of any road rage I ever feel.

I feel better now after venting about that. :)

Next time you see the a-hole lifting go over and take some plates off and tell him you only want the Bar just to be a dick :action-smiley-070:

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
This is at every gym I think. I wanted to use the squat rack and there were 6 young guys setting in it showing each other pics on there phone. After about 20 mins I flipped! I walked over and ask them what the hell are they doing? They looked at me funny and I ask again. They started to clear out and I told them if they are gonna come to the gym to lift then lift if not stay home and out of everyone's way.

Bfit247

May 21, 2013
Lol... That shit just makes me laugh... because when they lift like that where did they see it done that way??? Plus they see guys like us lift so they see how to do certain lifts. The log books is what gets me... they do the same things day after day... I bet the reps are the same... ppl I just laugh at the guys in the cali boy tanks. I would like to know what runs threw there mind as they see us lift. But 90% do not pay attention to there surroundings. But whatever. Im there for my own reasons maybe they have there's! But if you are just standing there doing nothing and I need to use the bench or cables... im going to say something

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Ran into a guy last weekend that I believe truelly felt he owned every piece of equipment in the gym. Went in shoulder day smith machine didnt have anyone on it only three other people in the gym so I started putting weigh on for my warm up and dude comes running from clear across the other side of the gym yelling "Im on that man!" Being the extreemly nice guy that I am I said sorry brother and unracked the plate I had put on and started my workout on a military press machine. Meanwhile dude goes back across the gym and starts 5 sets on the pec deck smith machine sitting empty the whole time then when he finishes his 5 sets on the pec dec he goes and starts working bench on the smith machine WTF! !!! Then asshole leaves every plate on the bar and leaves! Promise I wont be so complient next time!

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Another funny one. A guy I met a guy at the gym about a year ago and he is a pretty big dude. Anyway he motion me over to him and said watch this. He started doing some stupid exercise and I ask what he was doing. He said with all these dumb guys around they watch me all the time and with in 3 days we seen guys doing the same stupid exercise! lol He told me he does that about once a month.

Stevo1304

Mar 3, 2013
Another funny one. A guy I met a guy at the gym about a year ago and he is a pretty big dude. Anyway he motion me over to him and said watch this. He started doing some stupid exercise and I ask what he was doing. He said with all these dumb guys around they watch me all the time and with in 3 days we seen guys doing the same stupid exercise! lol He told me he does that about once a month.

:yeahthat:
That shit is great

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
There is this one guy that maybe has the biggest upper body in the whole place. He was talking to this kid telling him that your don't need to work you legs because "Chicks don't care about that shit. They only like big arms and chest". The next time I saw him, he was wearing shorts, and I swear on the life of my children, my 12 year old daughter has bigger calves and quads than this guy. I couldn't believe it. It didn't look real. He literally looked like that BB'er from the Cox commercial (except this guy is white).

Cox Weightlifter - YouTube

Last edited: