©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

muscle memory of the pros

learner

May 27, 2010
hi guys,
i was wondering about the guys who have been mass monsters during their professional bodybuilders life, and have downsized themselves to around 50 to 70 pound less at present.
some examples like dorian yates, mustafa mohammad, many others who have retired.

now my ques to all the vetrans here is "how much time" would it take for them to regain their previous best size after being "relatively smaller" for a fair bit of time. i do understand muscle memory would be the biggest contributing factor and along with all the food and AAS they need.

thanks

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
hi guys,
i was wondering about the guys who have been mass monsters during their professional bodybuilders life, and have downsized themselves to around 50 to 70 pound less at present.
some examples like dorian yates, mustafa mohammad, many others who have retired.

now my ques to all the vetrans here is "how much time" would it take for them to regain their previous best size after being "relatively smaller" for a fair bit of time. i do understand muscle memory would be the biggest contributing factor and along with all the food and AAS they need.

thanks

That is an impossible question to answer. It all depends upon the individual. Some may never been able to get back to their previous state. The age of the person would be important too. Muscle memory would be a massive contributing factor.... basically genetics... that means everything.

For them to attain their previous size they would have to take alot of hormones. Just like they did when they were at their biggest. No one should really take those dosages but especially people ages 50 + or so.

As you know the reason most go smaller is due to it not being needed anymore (not competing). Plus it is very unhealthy to be that big and they would be more concerned with health and longevity. Not t mention it is simply uncomfortale dy to day... even things like clothes etc can be a hassle.

But if someone was once big and came off everything and went down to say 200 pounds. I would imagine a huge surge in weight/size fairly quickly due to those dramatic changes in hormones/food/training etc. I wouldn't be surprised if 20 pounds was added in the first few weeks. But of course it would take many months to attain more size... even years. There are too many contributing factors but that is my take on the subject.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
hi guys,

thanks

I know alot of pro level bodybuilders. All have extreme genetics and can put on size and get in shape pronto. Dont let DORIANS smaller size fool you under that shirt. He still has alot of muscle and trains heavy and hard til this day.

learner

May 27, 2010
thanks for the input guys,

some fools who debate on pros being "on"
test 3000mg/week
tren 700mg/week
deca 1000/week
20iu gh/day.
20iu insulin/day.

i think the most important phase for bodybuilder should be to concentrate a few years(3 -5 years) on reaching one`s genetic limit, to gain as much muscle as one can gain, once they attain their genetic limit muscle gain wise, that gets deposited in their "MUSCLE MEMORY". even if he does not become a 310 lbs at 10 percent bodyfat mass monster he`ll still come to know his genetic limit (if not super heavies then may be heavies or if not heavies then light heavies)

can any body stay alive if he did
test 3000mg/week
tren 700mg/week
deca 1000/week
20iu gh/day.
20iu insulin/day.

for 52 week a year and then again repeating it for 10 to 15 years...i dont think so..
no matter how great his genetics are to tolerate thee drugs.
taking this amount for 520 weeks will kill a gorilla :D:D

i heard from some very well known people that the "elites of the elites" all they do is cruise on HRT doses or at the most 350- 500mgtest/wk offseason and 20 to 24 weeks before contest they start bumping up things and grow into their respective yearly show.
and i consider that a person once reaches his genetic limit especially the super heavies do not make 40lbs muscle gains as ronnie coleman did(he was god among tthe elites)... at the most we hear a comptitor gaining 5 to 8 pounds at the most.
a great bodybuilder that jay cutler is since 2003 how much did he gain he still competes in the 270`s since the past 7 years...every year better than the previous one...

therefore i think a bodybuilder should give a fair bit of time to reach upto his genetic limit.

doing that would greatly reduce the risk of being on whole year...
20 weeks of "bulking"
20 weeks of "cutting" both on heavy doses
just in my opinion

wud appreciate your input.

Last edited: