©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

My diet? Need a little help

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Tightening my diet up.
Currently 224 around 13-14% bf id guess.

Going to be doing:

2 eggs, 6 egg whites

Banana + protein shake

(Lift with BCAA)

8oz chicken, 1 cup rice, 1/2 cup almods, 2 cups spinach

Protein shake and can of plain tuna

8oz steak and 2 cups spinach

And if hungry after that another shake or 3-4 more eggs (busy work 4-1030) can eat in that window a few times a week so last optional meal would be around 11.

I'm trying to get to 205-210, doing cardio 4 days a week with 5-6 lifting.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
How fast you trying to do this or is there no time limit it's whenever? Any compounds that retain water used? If you do calorie count you aren't very high so you should really shed fast I think..

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Collin, what were you doing before this? Can you help us out and lay out some macros? I mean when you say protein shake, how much protein? What kind of steak? How much tuna?

There aren't going to be many changes as what you have seems like a solid layout, but you also need to look at what your body is coming from.

Also, what kind of cardio? How long? What kind of training? What is your split? All of these things matter and the more you know the easier it is to make changes and make progress.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Your protein sources look solid. Maybe add in some buffalo, right ironbuilt! I would try to incorporate more carb sources like broccoli, asparagus, kale, cucumbers, and tomatoes, even if it meant reducing your rice for the day. If you pm me your email I can send you something you may find quite beneficial.

Thor

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 6, 2012
Dude

your still growing somewhat right ? You look pretty solid to me, I mean if you just wanna lean out a bit for the summer i get it.. but you are pretty big and solid and strong as you are, keep in mind when you CUT you lose some size and strength...

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
How fast you trying to do this or is there no time limit it's whenever? Any compounds that retain water used? If you do calorie count you aren't very high so you should really shed fast I think..

Over the next 2 months or so I'm hoping. Right now I'm doing 80mg test and 200 eq every 4 day might add in tren at 50mg eod or ed.

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Collin, what were you doing before this? Can you help us out and lay out some macros? I mean when you say protein shake, how much protein? What kind of steak? How much tuna?

There aren't going to be many changes as what you have seems like a solid layout, but you also need to look at what your body is coming from.

Also, what kind of cardio? How long? What kind of training? What is your split? All of these things matter and the more you know the easier it is to make changes and make progress.

Before this I was eating haphazardly, lots of bagels and peanutbutter, ice cream, pasta and bread, smaller amounts of protein. I feel I swapped out alot of crap carb sources for better protein sources. Each shake has about 40grams its ON gold standard doing 1.5 scoops per shake. Not sure my macros right now but the steak is lean steak and 1 can of light chunky tuna maybe 2 a day might do 2. I'm on a budget paying for alot of things right now, deciding to take a summer course cost me quite a penny.

I plan on adding in more veggies andn somen other protein sources like pork maybe and even carbs likr sweet potatoes.

Cardio is 4 times a week. 2 days of light 20 mins on stair master and 2 days HIIT on elliptical for 15.

I alternate weekly in training, 1 heavy olympic style to work on stuff for rugby. 4 day split with 2 days added for arms and abs. The other week is a 6 days split of 12-15 reps chest and back, shoulders arm's, legs then repeat. Ill upload a picture soon.

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
I just want to get leaner, itll be easier for rugby as well weighing a bit less.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Hell Collin i think you are on a good tract and mindset..Atom has skills of a diet guru so follow up with him..
Buffalo is a nice lean meat but when u wrestle them eod in the neighbors pen they get tough but u gotta let them up if they tap out or you may end up on BMW. (Buffalos Most Wanted) as Magnus has done to himself as he keeps gnawing on the 560000 grams of protein today alway looking behind him for a short horn.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Before this I was eating haphazardly, lots of bagels and peanutbutter, ice cream, pasta and bread, smaller amounts of protein. I feel I swapped out alot of crap carb sources for better protein sources. Each shake has about 40grams its ON gold standard doing 1.5 scoops per shake. Not sure my macros right now but the steak is lean steak and 1 can of light chunky tuna maybe 2 a day might do 2. I'm on a budget paying for alot of things right now, deciding to take a summer course cost me quite a penny.

I plan on adding in more veggies andn somen other protein sources like pork maybe and even carbs likr sweet potatoes.

Cardio is 4 times a week. 2 days of light 20 mins on stair master and 2 days HIIT on elliptical for 15.

I alternate weekly in training, 1 heavy olympic style to work on stuff for rugby. 4 day split with 2 days added for arms and abs. The other week is a 6 days split of 12-15 reps chest and back, shoulders arm's, legs then repeat. Ill upload a picture soon.

OK, so that means that what you are doing is a HUGE change.

A shake with 40g protein is fine, but rather than having a can of tuna with it (which is usually around 150kcals) maybe have two hard boiled eggs or some almonds of other nuts?

Lean steak is fine and as a night meal, that works. How about some fish? Tilapia is inexpensive and great for a night protein source.

I would avoid pork, unless you are buying it straight from a farm and know what the farmer is feeding them. Pigs eat shit...think about it.

I use 93% lean ground beef and toss a bunch in a pot and cook it and then drain the fat. I weight it out cooked and use the same macros I would use for cooked chicken breast since the fat is removed. Use a variety of seasonings and herbs and it tastes great. I mix it in with salads (olive oil and vinegar dressing), toss in with egg scambles, mix into rice, or just eat it in bowl with some salsa.

I cook it like this:
Mark Dugdale's offseason diet - YouTube

For fats, try avocado, nut butters, olive oil, coconut oil (cheap at costco), organic grassfed butter (costco - cheap) and even heavy whipping cream in you protein shakes (if you do this in a blender with ice it gets really tasty)

EDIT: And on off days from training, try dropping carbs down to minimal levels. Add in just a little fat in place of the carbs, but ensure that it is less overall kcals than for you training days.

Last edited:

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013

ya know logic tells me i should ring your ass out here, since you ALWAYS seem to find ways to try and belittle me, BUT i wont. i will instead try and help, which you prob wont respect, but oh well its the internet... not a big deal

why not try a carb cycle? say 150g carbs one day, 100 the next, and 50-75 then repeat. keep protein up as you know, and fats moderate/high, say 80-120g. just a thought

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Hell Collin i think you are on a good tract and mindset..Atom has skills of a diet guru so follow up with him..
Buffalo is a nice lean meat but when u wrestle them eod in the neighbors pen they get tough but u gotta let them up if they tap out or you may end up on BMW. (Buffalos Most Wanted) as Magnus has done to himself as he keeps gnawing on the 560000 grams of protein today alway looking behind him for a short horn.

Yeah I can tell been reading alot of his posts.
I want to try buffalo meat too honestly, I love deer and when I can get my hands on it from my redneck friends I take POUNDS at a time haha.

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
OK, so that means that what you are doing is a HUGE change.

I ate clean often, but budget at the time made me rely on some things in my mind like bagels and such and having a gilfriend that likes to eat out didnt help. I told her no more haha gotta get on track, been hovering and staying leanish but I wanna slim down and make a big change for a big impact.

A shake with 40g protein is fine, but rather than having a can of tuna with it (which is usually around 150kcals) maybe have two hard boiled eggs or some almonds of other nuts?

I can do that I love almonds and eggs haha, so replace the tuna with a few more eggs?

Lean steak is fine and as a night meal, that works. How about some fish? Tilapia is inexpensive and great for a night protein source.

Im iffy on fish, sometimes I like it other times I dont. I enjoy salmon, gotta experiment more with fish though. Just started eating it with canned tuna (was eating it plain then started to add a little peanut butter to the can to give it some more flavor and loved it haha. Ill start trying new fish and incorporating them in. BTW the steak is like 96-98% lean grass fed organic beef, chicken is free range and so are the eggs (i love trader joes)

I would avoid pork, unless you are buying it straight from a farm and know what the farmer is feeding them. Pigs eat shit...think about it.

Good point on the pork haha, Ill drop it.

I use 93% lean ground beef and toss a bunch in a pot and cook it and then drain the fat. I weight it out cooked and use the same macros I would use for cooked chicken breast since the fat is removed. Use a variety of seasonings and herbs and it tastes great. I mix it in with salads (olive oil and vinegar dressing), toss in with egg scambles, mix into rice, or just eat it in bowl with some salsa.

I cook it like this: Mark Dugdale's offseason diet - YouTube

For fats, try avocado, nut butters, olive oil, coconut oil (cheap at costco), organic grassfed butter (costco - cheap) and even heavy whipping cream in you protein shakes (if you do this in a blender with ice it gets really tasty)

something like almond butter? I love cookin with coconut oil, saw JMs vidoe on that and bout a jar and use it alot. ill look into the whipping cream too for shakes, got mint chocolate from ON and a dope blender, gotta make some nice shakes.

EDIT: And on off days from training, try dropping carbs down to minimal levels. Add in just a little fat in place of the carbs, but ensure that it is less overall kcals than for you training days.

Thanks for the tips, Im looking into shelby's carb cycling book and such and will take that in and keep trying to improve the diet.

Lots of great information you provided for me!

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
ya know logic tells me i should ring your ass out here, since you ALWAYS seem to find ways to try and belittle me, BUT i wont. i will instead try and help, which you prob wont respect, but oh well its the internet... not a big deal

why not try a carb cycle? say 150g carbs one day, 100 the next, and 50-75 then repeat. keep protein up as you know, and fats moderate/high, say 80-120g. just a thought

Youre a good guy D, but you get on my nerves sometimes with your repetitiveness. I know you cant help it, so Ill stop arguing with you.

But yeah I got shelbys book on carb cycling studying it now, as well I bashed you before because you were eating crap and wondering why you werent moving very much for your physique, I knew I wasnt improving in lowering BF and want to make that change now. I was too content before and sorry for bustin you, my bad.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
Youre a good guy D, but you get on my nerves sometimes with your repetitiveness. I know you cant help it, so Ill stop arguing with you.

But yeah I got shelbys book on carb cycling studying it now, as well I bashed you before because you were eating crap and wondering why you werent moving very much for your physique, I knew I wasnt improving in lowering BF and want to make that change now. I was too content before and sorry for bustin you, my bad.

apology accepted brotha. hell why not a little dnp, 200mg ed for 10-14 days? im sure that would get things moving for you, if you tolerate that dose of course

moparfreak360

Oct 11, 2012
apology accepted brotha. hell why not a little dnp, 200mg ed for 10-14 days? im sure that would get things moving for you, if you tolerate that dose of course

Brother I'm not trying to start anything with you, honest....however it errks me that you are suggesting people try DNP.....collin is no newb so I know he knows what he should and shouldn't mess with, but more drugs are not always the answer

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Brother I'm not trying to start anything with you, honest....however it errks me that you are suggesting people try DNP.....collin is no newb so I know he knows what he should and shouldn't mess with, but more drugs are not always the answer

I love DNP honestly, I'm not using it for tgis however. I want to do this properly and honestly, fix my diet and not rely on the drugs. I will notice if I am doing well in 2 weeks or not.

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Shopped today and these are what I got:
Bananas
Apples
Greek yogurt
Sweet potatoes
Round eye steak
Chicken thigha and breast (love thighs I cut excess fat away before cooking)
Eggs and egg whites
Spinach and broccoli

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Shopped today and these are what I got:
Bananas
Apples
Greek yogurt
Sweet potatoes
Round eye steak
Chicken thigha and breast (love thighs I cut excess fat away before cooking)
Eggs and egg whites
Spinach and broccoli

Heres a great little snack when you want somethimg sweet or before bed. Get plain Greek yogurt (if you have a SamsClub, get 32 oz Fage), add 4 scoops vanilla casein or whey protein, 2 to 4 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and stevia to your liking (I use around 1tablespoon). An 8 ounce serving has around 50g protein, 9g carbs, and 0 fat. If you want to up the fat, add a couple melted tablespoons of coconut oil. This is so good, it tastes like your cheating !

Collinb

Sep 29, 2012
Just didb1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt, 1/4 cup oats, 1 scoop whey....mix in bowl and amazing!

38g protein
24g carb
4g fat