©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

My first Powerlifting Meet

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
As y'all know I'm a strongman through and through. I started dating a girl that does powerlifting and she talked me into doing a meet. 8 weeks of powerlifting training and took 3rd in the open 220lb class. First meet and I totaled 1710. Left a lot on the platform in my deadlift, but my third attempt I went for a APA record and made to big of a jump haha oh well, here's my video. Just so y'all know, the last 8 weeks is first time training my bench press in years, so go easy on my bench. My squat was a 73lb PR also

[ame]http://youtu.be/ofxvT239xrQ[/ame]

GastrocGuy

Dec 28, 2012
Durrty South
Lol, the things we do for love! Congrats on the powerlifting!

Wait until you meet a fitness competitor who convinces you to shave all your body hair, slip into a speedo, and paint yourself orange !

Be sure to youtube that one, lol ! Congrats again, bro!

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Wow, fantastic job brother. I am surprised with a total of 1710 was only third, those are atleast a masters total number for 220. That would easily win at most meets...1700 is serious business.

Hawk

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
Lol, the things we do for love! Congrats on the powerlifting!

Wait until you meet a fitness competitor who convinces you to shave all your body hair, slip into a speedo, and paint yourself orange !

Be sure to youtube that one, lol ! Congrats again, bro!
Well I've always wanted to do a PLing meet, just no one to EVER push me to do it haha

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
Wow, fantastic job brother. I am surprised with a total of 1710 was only third, those are atleast a masters total number for 220. That would easily win at most meets...1700 is serious business.

Hawk
First was Tee Cummins who totaled 1923 or 1928 I forget haha then the guy that got 2nd totaled 1720. So if I had been smarter with my third deadlift I'd have smoked him...

The thing that hurt me most I believe was I stopped drinking water at noon Thursday and didn't get to weigh in till 5pm Friday. So I had 15hrs to recover from 29hrs without fluids

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
First was Tee Cummins who totaled 1923 or 1928 I forget haha then the guy that got 2nd totaled 1720. So if I had been smarter with my third deadlift I'd have smoked him...

The thing that hurt me most I believe was I stopped drinking water at noon Thursday and didn't get to weigh in till 5pm Friday. So I had 15hrs to recover from 29hrs without fluids

The water cut kills us all brother. Your never as strong as you know you are. Nonetheless, many guys will retire from Pling never having reached a 1700 raw total. Truly impressed.

Hawk

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
I normally cut about 20 pounds of water. This meet in december will only be 10. I got a system to cutting weight. if you need help cutting him me a PM. 12+ hours no fluids is to much. The longer to are out of hydration the longer it is to put back on.

fubaseball

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 1, 2008
I normally cut about 20 pounds of water. This meet in december will only be 10. I got a system to cutting weight. if you need help cutting him me a PM. 12+ hours no fluids is to much. The longer to are out of hydration the longer it is to put back on.
I agree... I didn't want to go that long, but Bobby Myers didn't help me much. Missed my weight by 1.1lbs and he told me soon as I get it off to call him and he'd weigh me again. 11:45am I got it off and called him... No answer and never heard from him till evening weigh ins

mechace1

Dec 2, 2014
hell of a first meet brother, like others have said 1710 is an extremely competitive total especially as a first meet. also competing against tee is awesome