©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Name one otc supplement you use daily and why

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Ok now lets keep this to basic answers no chit chat so we can see what each person has to have in their supplementation repertoire. One otc per post .thanks..
L citrilluline is one of my favorites
L-citrulline is a naturally occurring amino acid. It is found in some foods like watermelons and is also produced naturally by the body.

L-citrulline is used for Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, fatigue, muscle weakness, sickle cell disease, erectile dysfunction, high blood pressure, and diabetes. It is used for heart disease, body building, increasing energy, and for improving athletic performance.

How does it work?
L-citrulline is a naturally occurring amino acid found in food, such as watermelons, and also made in the body. Our bodies change L-citrulline into another amino acid called L-arginine and also to nitric oxide. L-citrulline might help increase the supply of ingredients the body needs to making certain proteins. It might also help open up veins and arteries to improve blood flow and reduce blood pressure.
In watermelon its found in the white layer next to skin..I cut off skin and juice the rind and my guns ready at all times..:)
And my bloodpressure has dropped 10 at 2 gram a day dose..

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Yohimbine HCl - I use this year round and I strongly believe it is one of the reasons I am able to maintain a lean physique while still adding muscle. I began using it about 3.5 years ago and noticed my body having a more lean, muscular look even when adding size. It seems to keep my from getting soft and when cutting I will up the dosage and watch the fat drip off.

Another daily supplement is L-Glutamine. I take glutamine for the immunity boosting properties and for my stomach health. It helps reduce any GI distress I have and improve my digestion.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Pycnogenol/pine tree bark extract. It's a powerful antioxidant and reduces inflammation. It can lower blood pressure, stimulate nitric oxide in the body, lowers blood sugar, and blocks free radicals. This is one of the few supplements I take that actually makes me feel better.

Pine Bark Extract

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Ultra Fiber DX. Works wonders for my digestive system. Keeps everything running smoothly and regularly. Tried other brands and similar products and none have worked as well. Plus it adds a few more grams of protein to my diet, which is always a plus.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 92

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Ohhh...

Sorry, but I need to add another. Curcumin. Life extension brand Super Bio Curcurmin, which has BCM-95 (the clinically studied curcurmin). It helps reduce inflammation and has anti-cancer properties. Great for overall health and longevity.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Lecithin granuals.
It's a convenient source of choline and phospholipids, which are critical for healthy brain and cellular function. Recent research has shown that two tablespoons of lecithin daily helps mild memory problems associated with aging.

Lecithin also plays a role in healthy cardiovascular function, liver function, nerve growth, neurotransmitter signaling, sperm mobility, pregnancy, child development, and optimal physical performance in athletes.

Also lowers bloodpressure and is inexpensive.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Lecithin granuals.
It's a convenient source of choline and phospholipids, which are critical for healthy brain and cellular function. Recent research has shown that two tablespoons of lecithin daily helps mild memory problems associated with aging.

Lecithin also plays a role in healthy cardiovascular function, liver function, nerve growth, neurotransmitter signaling, sperm mobility, pregnancy, child development, and optimal physical performance in athletes.

Wow, throwback! My grandmother is a Shaklee distributor and I remember as a kid, my mother taking lecithin liquid gels. Always seen it as an old timers supplement, but I guess I'm there now. Thanks a lot IB, DAMN IT!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Lecithin granuals.

I heard lecithin can also make you shoot a massive load... Have not tried it yet though

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
Lecithin granuals.

I thought I was the only old dude still using this stuff. I use Brewer's Yeast as well. It contains 16 amino acids, 18 minerals, and 17 vitamins, helps prevent degenerative diseases, and when taken with a strong dose of vit b, increases energy. These are two old school supps that kick ass.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
IB, taking arginine does the same as citrulline right?

Citrulline is actually is precusor to Arginine in the production of nitric oxide in the body

There are some benefit of citrulline over just arginine:
1) Citrulline seems to increase plasma arginine levels better than taking the amino acid Arginine itself. Research has shown that citrulline raises arginine levels more effectively than taking the same dose of straight arginine

2) Citrulline malate can increase the rate of ATP production during exercise and provide greater phosphocreatine recovery after exercise....essentially allowing one to go beyond their aerobic threshold (this refers specifically to citrulline malate)

mk19

Jan 1, 2014
l-theanine
200mg 2-3xday
My head and thoughts are more relaxed and slower. I'm a scatter brain, always going and going, l-theanine makes a good difference.

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
BCAA - no explanation needed
Glutamine - GI health and recovery
Creatine - no explanation needed

Fish oil - omega 3s

Protein shakes - increase liquid protein intake throughout the day.

Multi vitamin pack - MyoVites. General health.

Digestive Enzyme - helps with all this good intake.

boyd1on

Sep 23, 2013
apple cider vinegar, aloe vera juice,raw local honey, oil of oregano,barley grass/wheat grass powder rooibos tea,liquid acidophilus, spirulina tabs, chlorella tabs,hemp nuts,coconut oil are these supplements or whole foods? either way not a day goes by I dont have these

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
This turned into a really good thread. Lecithin I used for few years in the early 80's. Also used jars and jars ofr brewers yeast and desicated liver.
Use to get that liquid liver extract too. I think all those were really good for overall health. I know one thing if you had 3 or more of those going on
and were using that old egg protein that required a blender or was unusable
I absolutley ruined a couple girls clothe car interiors with that SBD gas . I mean just fuckedem up beyond saving. No recourse perma stink.
Ah memories of days gone by . Toxic ass gas while sitting there looking like a jaundiced carrot from that canaxithin shit... Sound familiar Mag 82 .
Ah shit we had fun back then... T

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Lmao turbo! I hear you on the gas too. We were like some giant stinky ass carrots! Kids don't know just how good they got it with their designer whey isolate and MT2.