©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Need triceps help

jonestony

Jul 27, 2017
I am training my triceps pretty hard right now... close grip, pull downs, kick backs whatever.. I have been doing them twice a week, after chest and shoulders, I have also tried once a week bigger workouts..... I cant get the back part to grow.... Any suggestions would help as its my worst muscle group right now!
Thanks

thethinker

Donating Member
May 24, 2013
Do weighed dips, and logbook them.

Say you go from doing 60 lbs for 12 reps to 150 lbs for 12 reps over several years while in a caloric surplus, you arms will get bigger.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

whoremoan

Feb 4, 2018
Do weighed dips, and logbook them.

Say you go from doing 60 lbs for 12 reps to 150 lbs for 12 reps over several years while in a caloric surplus, you arms will get bigger.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

would dip machine do the same ?

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
heavy close grip pin press
close grip incline
french press
and type of ball handle for cable work

SOUR DIESEL

Mar 19, 2018
-nose breakers on a decline bench (to failure)
-close grip decline press (heavy & descending to failure)
-bench dips (to failure)

giant sets, descending sets, super sets ..are your friends here

..my exp. has been, anything you want to grow must be punished!!

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
John meddow had a great video on growing arms on youtube- they need to be stretched and extended - don't worry as much on weight till you get correct form - in fact - never worry about weight.
Form

MIA10

May 15, 2012
This is one of my favorites. It's not just an activation - you can load it aggressively.

For all your triceps works, it's important to realize the long head origin is on the scapula, so in order to maintain tension you need to keep your scapula stable/unmoving throughout the range. The easiest example of what not to do is watching guys at the bottom of a pushdown...a lot of them will allow their shoulders to ride up or roll forward (the scap is moving with them).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJNqW5CbWds

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
Twice per week. One day heavy and the other more reps. Close grip bench, skull crushers, extensions, dips. Don't do too much volume per day. 20 minutes per day but intense.

BG

Nov 17, 2013
1, don't train them after chest and shoulders. they're already exhausted and you don't hit them hard enough. Train with biceps. that whole push pull thingy.

exercises:Close grip bench, weighted dips, lying tricep ext(sparingly. will grow the triceps but will kill your elbows), 1 arm ext behind the head, behind head ext seated with both hands, rope extensions behind the head

hit them every 5 or 6 days. Aaaaaaaaaaand.... EAT!

Txmason32

Feb 14, 2018
I use heavy close grip bench and they seem to help pack on some mass. A lot of it boils down to genetics in regards to triceps build and appearance

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
A separate arm day. Rotating triceps with biceps. Close grip bench, skull crushers, dips.

armada

Mar 5, 2017
When it comes to triceps, I think finding an exercise that is comfortable on your elbows is key. I can only do certain exercises for triceps due to going too heavy on skull crushers as a young man...

Also be sure to warm up plenty.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
when it comes to triceps, i think finding an exercise that is comfortable on your elbows is key. I can only do certain exercises for triceps due to going too heavy on skull crushers as a young man...

Also be sure to warm up plenty.

preach!