©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

New gym idiot

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I had one the other day on the leg press. He took all the 45s in the front area and loaded them up on the upper and lower bars and then leaned up on it and talked with some dude. Never saw him actually press the weight. He is a fucking fat idiot. I did not approach him, because I knew how it would go. I ended up using 35s to bench with. Also, wearing the same exact gray sweat suit everyday is just plain nasty.

Last edited:

vikingquest

Jan 21, 2012
I think every gym has one of these. I did see the last person to do this actually move the sled about 6", no lie. He did about 5-7 reps and his buddy recorded him do it. Then he just left. All the plates still on the sled, and just walked out the door. But it did take him about 25 mins to load it up, talk, get under it, and push a few reps out. Fucking people...

DaveWallerCB

May 11, 2012
Recently I switched gyms from a hardcore gym to a YMCA to please the family. And what's been bothering the hell outta me is the older guys in the locker room naked, nuts dragging the ground. Blow drying their sacks? WTF?? Maybe I'm just modest, but damn! Use a towel to walk around and to dry your nuts.
Lol!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Yeah Dave I use lockeroom only for pissen ..
No need to see sword fights that go on in shower..
I like the nude bastard after his shower in barefeet going in to the piss room. Floor is gross.....

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
So gobot, looks like you're not alone. We've all had/have idiots where we train that irritate us, but whether you let it get in the way of what you have to do is on you. So, crank it up, grind it out and get your work done. He'll always be entertaining if nothing else.

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Turn up the ear buds louder and as you walk by mumble idiot..
This 145 lb 30 something I think from Spain racks on 6 x 45's on each side of any plate load hammer strength machine and goes at moving the weight one inch ,slam, one inch, slam
Same on any machine ..he's fukin stupid..

Didn't you just start a thread claiming that you lift the same way? :D

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Recently I switched gyms from a hardcore gym to a YMCA to please the family. And what's been bothering the hell outta me is the older guys in the locker room naked, nuts dragging the ground. Blow drying their sacks? WTF?? Maybe I'm just modest, but damn! Use a towel to walk around and to dry your nuts.
Lol!

You mean like this?

Attachments

• piggers.jpg
    piggers.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 50

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Yeah you guys are probably right. I just wish someone of authority would set him straight instead of me though. I don't want to be "that guy" because it seems we've all dealt with the gym asshole who thinks they need to tell everyone what they're doing wrong. I kind of wonder where he learned it from. I mean I've never seen anyone act the way he does so what the hell? Oh well. At least I only see him once a week or so.

Good luck with the "gym authority's" setting him straight. If your gym is similar to mine, they let their members get away with anything. It's honestly ridiculous.

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
So there's this new dip shit at the gym I go to that I may have to kill. Guy looks to be about my age (34), 5'10, maybe 180 (but it's a fat 180). He wears the same white wife beater and HUGE weight lifting gloves every time he's in there. I can easily ignore what he wears because I don't really care but how he carries himself is driving me insane. He's a weight slammer. You all know the guy that intentionally throws the weight on the bar to make noise. Not a big deal if you're packing 600 on the bar but when you're slamming 10's on I'm not that impressed. Even this I can ignore, it's tough, but I can look past it. Problem is the guy does it with everything! If he's doing cable flys he lets go of the handles when he's done, if he's doing bench press he PULLS THE WEIGHT TOWARDS HIMSELF after his last rep so it will slam on the bench, everything I've ever seen him use, he slams. If all that wasn't enough he counts his reps out loud and because he has headphones in he must not realize how loud he's counting. To add insult to injury, he flares his lats everywhere he walks. Omg please I want to squeeze the guys head off! I would just say something to Steve (gym owner) but the guy works out late like me so Steve isn't there. Prison would suck but murder may be my only option. :banghead:

HAHA dude thats me!! Thats awesome we go to the same gym! Can i get you to spot me tomorow when im doin my pull ups?

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I don't see a problem with you calmly approaching him and just asking him if he could tone it down a bit. No telling how he will react but most people would be more embarrassed than anything...

The other option is to wait until you think he's at his max weight on bench or something and then ask him how many sets he has left. See if you can work in with him because you want to warm up lol.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Kill um....then harvest his organs for "supplement" money.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A JOKE

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
walk up behind him . Each time he starts a set start talking at 140dbs 2 feet in back of him. If he asks why you are talking so loud tell him(at 160dbs) it;s cuz you are going deaf from some stain taster slamming plates needlessly.
I would fix it if I was there . Promise.... T