©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

nolva

j-hoe

Aug 13, 2007
i doubt it but i'm not 100% sure,i know deca is as supressive as it gets tho

AlphaMale

Jun 1, 2006
Antonix said:
Sust, dbol and deca. Is it enough 10mg of nolva for the four first weeks and pct?
First four weeks? Do you mean first four weeks of PCT or first four weeks of cycle? Do you know that Nolva is not ideal and potentially harmful during a cycle with nandrolone?

bod1ggity

May 6, 2007
First off Nolv is a SERM, not an AI, it can be counterproductive with Decca since Nolv effects the androgen receptors. You can have progresterone issues with results similar to Gyno from estrogen. I would run an AI like arimidex, proviron or aromasin with your cycle instead

unclevername

Aug 15, 2007
I thought that Letro was an AI? I am thinking of the Dopamine Agonist that works like Cabergoline.

Thanks for the help!

bod1ggity

May 6, 2007
unclevername said:
I thought that Letro was an AI? I am thinking of the Dopamine Agonist that works like Cabergoline.

Thanks for the help!

Letrozole (Femara) also does quite a few things which would be of interest to both bodybuilders and athletes. Firstly, it has been shown to reduce estrogen levels by 98% or greater (1). In at least one documented incidence, Letrozole (Femara) reduced estrogen in the test subject to undetectable levels, and increased LH, FSH and SHBG (4). Clearly this is all of interest to bodybuilders, as less estrogen in the body means less chance of certain side effects such as water-retention, Gynocomastia, and acne. This makes Letrozole (Femara) an appropriate choice for even the heaviest bulking or cutting cycles including harsh androgens.

Letrozole is known as a type II aromatase inhibitor, meaning, in simplest terms that it attaches to the aromatase enzyme and prevents it from converting androgens to estrogen. In slightly more complex terms, estrogens are produced by the conversion of androgens through the activity of the aromatase enzyme, and letrozole actually inhibits the production of estrogens in by competitive, (reversible) binding to the heme of the relevant cytochrome P450 unit.

unclevername

Aug 15, 2007
bod1ggity said:
Letrozole (Femara) also does quite a few things which would be of interest to both bodybuilders and athletes. Firstly, it has been shown to reduce estrogen levels by 98% or greater (1). In at least one documented incidence, Letrozole (Femara) reduced estrogen in the test subject to undetectable levels, and increased LH, FSH and SHBG (4). Clearly this is all of interest to bodybuilders, as less estrogen in the body means less chance of certain side effects such as water-retention, Gynocomastia, and acne. This makes Letrozole (Femara) an appropriate choice for even the heaviest bulking or cutting cycles including harsh androgens.

Letrozole is known as a type II aromatase inhibitor, meaning, in simplest terms that it attaches to the aromatase enzyme and prevents it from converting androgens to estrogen. In slightly more complex terms, estrogens are produced by the conversion of androgens through the activity of the aromatase enzyme, and letrozole actually inhibits the production of estrogens in by competitive, (reversible) binding to the heme of the relevant cytochrome P450 unit.

Okay, please be patient with me I am still trying to round out my knowledge. I really appreciate your help.

What you pasted was exactly my understanding of Letro. It is a VERY strong AI, which to my understanding keeps Test from converting to Estrogen. How does that help with Progestrogen from the likes of Deca or Tren?

bod1ggity

May 6, 2007
unclevername said:
Okay, please be patient with me I am still trying to round out my knowledge. I really appreciate your help.

What you pasted was exactly my understanding of Letro. It is a VERY strong AI, which to my understanding keeps Test from converting to Estrogen. How does that help with Progestrogen from the likes of Deca or Tren?

Letro's strong binding to the androgen receptors helps prevent progeterone side effects brought on by strong androgens such as Tren, Decca, Anadrol...ect. Nolvadex is a SERM, it prevents absorbtion of free-flowing estrogen

AlphaMale

Jun 1, 2006
unclevername said:

It's strong estrogen suppression directly causes a suppression in progesterone, all AI's do this to some extent; and take note that progesterone and progestins need estrogen to exert their negative effects like breast growth. Here's a view studies and articles:

Here's one showing that Letrozole reduced breast tumors caused by progesterone and breast tumors caused by estrogen equally as well:
The Breast Journal - Volume 10 Issue 3 Page 211-217, May 2004

"Efficacy of Letrozole Extended Adjuvant Therapy According to Estrogen Receptor and Progesterone Receptor Status of the Primary Tumor: National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group MA.17"
Journal of Clinical Oncology, Vol 25, No 15 (May 20), 2007: pp. 2006-2011

"phase II trial studying how well neoadjuvant letrozole works in treating postmenopausal women who are undergoing surgery for estrogen-receptor positive or progesterone-receptor positive stage II, stage IIIA, or stage IIIB breast cancer"
ClinicalTrials.Gov NCT00084396

I hope this answers your questions fairly well, basically Letro's strong AE binding and estrogen receptor down-regulation also controls progesterone receptor regulation and it's ability to bind and cause problems.

bod1ggity

May 6, 2007
AlphaMale said:
It's strong estrogen suppression directly causes a suppression in progesterone, all AI's do this to some extent; and take note that progesterone and progestins need estrogen to exert their negative effects like breast growth. Here's a view studies and articles:

Here's one showing that Letrozole reduced breast tumors caused by progesterone and breast tumors caused by estrogen equally as well:
The Breast Journal - Volume 10 Issue 3 Page 211-217, May 2004

"Efficacy of Letrozole Extended Adjuvant Therapy According to Estrogen Receptor and Progesterone Receptor Status of the Primary Tumor: National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group MA.17"
Journal of Clinical Oncology, Vol 25, No 15 (May 20), 2007: pp. 2006-2011

"phase II trial studying how well neoadjuvant letrozole works in treating postmenopausal women who are undergoing surgery for estrogen-receptor positive or progesterone-receptor positive stage II, stage IIIA, or stage IIIB breast cancer"
ClinicalTrials.Gov NCT00084396

I hope this answers your questions fairly well, basically Letro's strong AE binding and estrogen receptor down-regulation also controls progesterone receptor regulation and it's ability to bind and cause problems.

Nolvadex has been shown to increase sensitivity to progestins, because it is a SERM, not an AI. Hence forth me recommending AI's.

unclevername

Aug 15, 2007
Thanks everyone. That helps a a lot.

One more question. Would Proviron provide the same protection. I know it is not as strong as Letro as an AI so it will not be as effective, but would it provide the same protection to a lesser extent against progesteron?

Last edited:

AlphaMale

Jun 1, 2006
bod1ggity said:
Nolvadex has been shown to increase sensitivity to progestins, because it is a SERM, not an AI. Hence forth me recommending AI's.
Agree with the AI, that's why I said Nolva was potentially harmful to use with nandrolones (deca, tren). I'm glad we both agree on this as I get a lot of resistance on other boards.

bod1ggity

May 6, 2007
unclevername said:

One more question. Would Proviron provide the same protection. I know it is not as strong as Letro as an AI so it will not be as effective, but would it provide the same protection to a lesser extent against progesteron?

Yes, Proviron or Arimidex would be my AI of choice on your cycle. Letro is a last resort, just like Aromasin IMHO.

Alphamale I was agreeing with you BTW. I was just adding to your post. People confuse SERMS with AI's and dont know that mixing the two makes one less effective.

maximan

Jan 3, 2007
Antonix said:
Sust, dbol and deca. Is it enough 10mg of nolva for the four first weeks and pct?
Why would you take nolva for the four weeks? Are you intended to run nolva during your orals or what?

AlphaMale

Jun 1, 2006
unclevername said:

Well this is not an exact science and completely made up based off of what I perceive; but, I'd consider 100mg of Proviron (or 50mg Masteron) per day to be about the same as 1/8 tab of arimidex as far as effects go. By the way, I'd consider Masteron to be superior of the two as I find it: 1) cheaper, 2) more mg effective, 3) effectual in muscle tissue as well; Proviron is superior though in it's 'Androgenicy' and 'wood' promoting effects.