©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Old School Routines?

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Anyone have any old golden age era lifting routines? I'm talking about stuff from 60's and 70's. Maybe from guys like Gironda, Draper, Pearl, Park, etc?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Check out Roy Callenders back routines. Fantastic back . 40-60 sets of back work. T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Want to check out something wild TT? Google Johnny fullers (rip) training
from back then. Holy volume !!. T

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Danny Padilla's 3x week per bodypart. Also liked outdoor running for his
cardio. Fantastic G-era bodybuilder... T

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
IMHO the one take home today's bbers could use is the higher frequency. Maybe not the volume, but many old school bbers like sergio did not go balls to the wall on every set. 2X a week with less volume or even 3X week will likely produce better results than todays 1x week.

It's really simple physiology. I am not a huge DC guy, but believe they got it right there for sure along with the old school bbers.

Hawk

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Yeah I with you on that hawk. That is my biggest gripe with volume. You hammer it too hard and the muscles can't be trained again soon enough.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Yeah I with you on that hawk. That is my biggest gripe with volume. You hammer it too hard and the muscles can't be trained again soon enough.

BBers are the only ones who train like this, but then again most prefer vodoo to sound science unfortunately.

Hawk