©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

olive oil in my shake?

1simple

Jul 9, 2011
I was thinking to add olive oil into my shakes to get some good fat into mu diet. It is a good idea or should this come from foods?

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I was thinking to add olive oil into my shakes to get some good fat into mu diet. It is a good idea or should this come from foods?

This is a very good way. It will slow down the absorption of the protein too. So it's a good option before bed.

Coconut oil and macadamia oil are also good to use.

I personally use coconut oil for cooking... sometimes olive oil. Olive oil or Mac oil for shakes. Olive oil for drizzling over pasta, salad or stir fry etc.

Add some walnuts and/or almonds. You could use peanut/almond butter too. Fats from meat and fish and your good to go.

I don't like avocado's but sometimes add those in too.

batesJ

May 9, 2011
I have used both olive and flax. Olive oil had no taste, but I could taste the flax. It's not bad though.

highrich

Apr 22, 2011
I use both olive oil and flax in my shakes as they have different health benefits but I think fish oil is the most important good fat to supplement your diet.