©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Peoples perception as you gain.

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
I started 2-3 yrs ago at around 160-165 soaking wet with minimal muscle density. Due to how I was raised I walk with confidence (ie my shoulders are back and straight my chest and head are up). When I weighed less no one seemed to notice the way I walked.now that I have put on 30 lbs and am in relatively decent shape it has been brought to my attention that I walk like an asshole or as tho I am arrogant. Now I will be the very first to say I am extremely far from being considered big or built. Yes you can tell I train but not to the point of being considered big. All that has changed is that I am now 190+lbs. I'm curious if any of yall have had this happen to you as well. I know that people today rarely have proper posture so to see some one who stands straight up and walks with confidence it can be mistaken for arrogance. Is this just me or is it a common thing to have happen as we gain size? If it is me yall please let me know and I'll make the necessary adjustments.

Last edited:

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I think people's perception of you has a lot more to do with your demeanor and the way you carry yourself than it does about your physical appearance. I'm not exactly your average build, but am alway shocked at the positive attention I receive. I get random people approaching me all the time with questions and comments. From little kids to old people. Not surprising, the worst thing ever heard was from my own grandpa, lol. Are you approachable? Friends? Always smiling? It may sound weird, but for some odd reason, my appearance actually has actually made me more approachable.

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
I'm actually very approachable but now that you mention the demeanor I do tend to always have a strictly business look about me. Guess it comes with the line of work I do.

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
That and living in a small town we have a lot of the same people here that I went to school with some 10 yrs agouti have let themselves go, and you know how that small town mentality works.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Bingo, small town! How is it elsewhere? Better I bet. When we travel, my friends just laugh at all the people that come up to me. From the time we board the plane till the time we get back. You want to feel like a celebrity, go to the Dominican Republic, they love big guys.

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
I had forgotten about the small town mentality til I got to thinking about the people who were bringing it to my gf's attention. She doesn't know me from my younger days so she was just letting me know. Granted what others think of me is none of my buisness and I prefer to keep it that way but when she brought it to my attention I was wondering if it was common.

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
Had that back in November when I was trying to get my winter coat going and that's when the little tid bits started being dropped on the gf. All in all I think Magnus was right it's just the small town mentality and those who won't do try to bring down those that do.

Good lord I didn't realize this was gonna end up being a small town drama thread. I was thinking it was just me being a douche. After making the thread I got to talking with the gf and she's thinking along the same lines.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Just keep walking the way you were raised to walk. Don't start slouching for goodness sakes...3x hoodies work real good for covering up so no one can see anything to be threatened by. Lol

Last edited:

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
I'm actually very approachable but now that you mention the demeanor I do tend to always have a strictly business look about me. Guess it comes with the line of work I do.

Why so serious tho, I work in a high stress environment and the only time people are serious is when they are worried about something being wrong or going wrong...you could be stressing people out lol

Also youre prolly a young go getter with no kids who wants to work hard and move up the ladder (just like me)...well just so you know most people hate this person lol ...everyone else got kids and a wife/husband and work is their only escape and they want it to be easy as possible and not really work that hard cause hey, it's not their last name on the big sign of the business so who cares

Do you crack jokes and laugh around on your break time or is it all business all the time?

txpipeliner88

Jul 1, 2013
Lol....When you said "why so serious" all I could think of was the joker off batman. In all honesty I have two kids a boy and a girl both under age ten. I got divorced a yr ago and got primary custody of the kids. Lost most of the material things but got the kids so I call it a win in my book. As far as work I love my job and the stress of it, but unfortunately it's always on the line.