©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

potatoes

noname

Mar 21, 2012
which between sweet potatoes and brown potatoes are better for adding lean mass?

Stallion

Sep 24, 2012
Sweet potatoes are better for you. Ironically, they have a lower glycemic index and are packed with more antioxidants, etc.

doodoop

May 11, 2011
I like the way sweet potatoes taste better than any so I guess I'll stick with those.

Bell

Oct 13, 2012
Potatoes are my favorite vegetable. It has iron and carbohydrates that are good for health. Potato has lot of benefits.

sam88

Jan 1, 2013
Both potatoes are very good for health I use brown potatoes for myself but in your case i will suggest you to use sweet potatoes as they are better for your health

omegachewy

Dec 8, 2012
lean mass? its a potato not aas lol. but the slower digesting carb will keep insulin spikes away, allowing you to burn the calories as energy.

Google&Pubmed

Dec 30, 2012
which ever doesn't matter but if you want to get to the grid of it then I would say sweet potato.

What you should worry about is your protein intake which is better if it came from red meat because of the higher amino acid ratio.

Mart

Jan 3, 2013
Well!!Potatoes is the best source of the energy and fitness.Mostly people
like the potatoes for build the muscles.According to me that potatoes are
the best for weight gain of the body....

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
I know this isnt a recpe thread, but....we LOVE to chop up a pan of brown potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, several BULBS of garlic, onions, and a lil' bit o' butternut squash, drizzle them with olive oil and Cajun Spices, and roast them...just before diving into them.

Extra Optional Ingredient: cover with half-cooked turkey bacon 10 minutes before removing from oven...

tkav1980

Oct 10, 2007
Depends on when you're using each one. Pre workout I'd use either red or russet, a decent peri workout carb, white rice post and any remaining carbs for the rest of the day sweet.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Just eat whichever one you are in the mood for. Unless you are a week or two out from a stage appearance I wouldn't get too anal on this.