©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Protein shake?

zeshnil

Jun 17, 2014
Hey
How big is the difference between using water or milk in a protein shake ? Alot of people say water..but I prefer milk..what is the best type of milk to use? I usually use 2% or fat free..

Last edited:

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
If i were to thin down the egg whites with milk, would it still be kinda thick or not too bad? I like the extra protein idea, but just doesnt sound very good.lol

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
If i were to thin down the egg whites with milk, would it still be kinda thick or not too bad? I like the extra protein idea, but just doesnt sound very good.lol
you really don't taste egg whites. They usually take the flavor of whatever you add to them. I like to add fruit blackberries are delicious as well as bananas and almond milk. I sometimes will add oatmeal and peanut butter in the morning add ice and blend.

Also early morning coffee add ice and egg whites with a little low calorie creamer. Great way to wake up and get in some extra protein.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
you really don't taste egg whites. They usually take the flavor of whatever you add to them. I like to add fruit blackberries are delicious as well as bananas and almond milk. I sometimes will add oatmeal and peanut butter in the morning add ice and blend.

Also early morning coffee add ice and egg whites with a little low calorie creamer. Great way to wake up and get in some extra protein.

Excellent, gonna stop and get some asap

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
You're better off ordering in bulk after you figure out you like it. But til then just get a few from the grocery store

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
l use whole milk in my shakes...

Don't let Chris lie to you , the old man adds beer to his shakes, whole milk my ass !!!
Ask him for a pick of his post wo shakes :rolleyes:

When at home i use 2% milk, when on the road or at work i use water

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Lately, I have been using Blue Diamond's unsweetened almond/coconut milk blend. It tastes freaking amazing in shakes :)

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Going back to the OP's question, obviously it depends on one's goal. If I'm trying to bulk and I was young, I'd use whole milk.

Can't remember the last time I drank milk. I do like coconut milk. Actually anything coconut.

And if I was trying to lean out, I'd use water of Egg whites.

I used to use a ton of whites until about a week ago. I cut down on them and a lot of my gas issues have cleared up. I still use them but most of them get cooked now.

Old Man River

Feb 14, 2013
The BIG STATE OF TEXAS!
Remember what ARNOLD says, "Milk is for babies,when you grow up you drink beer!" There is a big difference in the calorie content. Milk vs. Water. I say quit being babies about milk in your protein drink! Hell, if you use 1% milk,you might as well suck it up and drink it with water! Grow the fuck up and find a good flavor and mixable protein powder.Just find a good blender shaker and use cold water.Use enough water in the shake to make it smooth. Then chase it down with a cold brew! Ha! Later,OMR

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
OMR, if you really are old, then you remember when there was no such thing as good tasting protein powder. And it mixed like crap too.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
OMR, if you really are old, then you remember when there was no such thing as good tasting protein powder. And it mixed like crap too.

Im not that old, 34 here in september...but i most definitely remember the old school early 80's protein powder my pops used to get. Always had to blend the living shit out of it.lol Think he was big on Twinlab. I just recently bought Universal Nutritions "milk and egg" protein powder and it tasted just like old school vanilla. Took me back, was kinda cool.

Last edited: