©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Question About Protein

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Are there any issues with pre making shakes and storing in the fridge? I got some cool containers at wally world today gallon jugs with on off valves for pouring thought it would be cool to mix up a couple gallons and just use as needed.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
I always pre mix mine and leave in the fridge bro, actually after they sit for a day or two i think theyre much better. Any leftover crunchy particles break down and the consistency is much smoother. I make mine with milk, so i just make a 2-3 day supply and refill when its gone. Now, ive used a couple different gainers before like optimum nutritions serious mass, and that shit turned into fucking pudding.lol. but that and one other kind were the only ones to do that. Just make a small batch and if you like it in a couple days go ahead and make more. So much easier having shakes ready than pullin the tub out every damn time you want one...

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
The ones that have casein in them will turn to pudding if you don't add enough liquid.

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Thanks bros I figured it would be alright just wanted to get some input I appreciate it.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Probably when water is used is better as milk can turn but depends how much per time you are making .. Buy a stick blender..big enough cup for the blade to hit bottom of cup and make fresh ..easy cleanup of the stick under the faucet...

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I think protein shakes are fine but believe amino acids will degrade quickly once mixed.

Hawk

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Water won't degrade protein by itself but if left for several days and you get bacteria, then the protein can degrade. There shouldn't be any issues if you let it go for a few days. Personally, I'd say 3 days max

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Water won't degrade protein by itself but if left for several days and you get bacteria, then the protein can degrade. There shouldn't be any issues if you let it go for a few days. Personally, I'd say 3 days max

3 days worth is about what I was thinking. I think it will make it easier to be more consistant with my shakes if i pre make them