©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

racing heart?

manatwork

Nov 28, 2004
I'm at the start of wk 4 of my course, test-e and deca. Recently have been getting a really racing heart rate from not doing very much at all! as small a thing as someone making me jump, feels like i've just finished a big cardio work out! Anyone had this sort of thing before?

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
I felt the same way with both bulking cycles I have done. I contribute my heart racing from all the weight gain I incurred and no cardio while bulking. Not only are you making your body work harder while on gear, your adding more weight for it to carry around. Then add in the lack of cardio, and there ya have it, a racing heart.

manatwork said:
I'm at the start of wk 4 of my course, test-e and deca. Recently have been getting a really racing heart rate from not doing very much at all! as small a thing as someone making me jump, feels like i've just finished a big cardio work out! Anyone had this sort of thing before?

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
manatwork said:
- Have you been using much ephedrine / T3 / Clenbuterol?
- are you dehydrated during your workouts?
- do you feel anxious with it?
- is your increased heart rate a regular rhythm (feel your pulse to check if regular space between beats and same pulse volume with each). Irregular rhythms like atrial fibrillation can occur in highly trained athletes (at least those that do lots of cardio), and can also onset with thyroid hormone abuse, electrolyte problems, coronary artery disease, etc.
- are you short of breath or have chest pains with it?
- do you have any associated fever or infection?
- ever had a similar problem before?
- when does HR go up...all the time or just during workouts?
- do you have headaches or excessive sweating with it?
- any other stimulant drug use?

More info may point us in the right direction as to cause.
Stealth.

manatwork

Nov 28, 2004
Steel; nice one my man, did it go back to normal off cycle? Same with me not doin any cardio and gained 14lb in 4wks so body is prob on overload!

Steath;indepth, nice, ok~ I haven't been using anything else other than the test-e and deca, did 3wks of drol but started getting gyno so discontinued and started nolva, which i'm still taking.

Don't think i'm dehydrated during work out at least 6pints of water a day normally more, and drink regularly through out work out_but this is happening when i'm not working out too.

I do feel alittle anxious with it.

Theres no pain with it but do get short of breath, which is what makes me feel anxious i think!

fit and healthy other than that, and the occasional rage!

Not had problem like this before, no other stimulants or drugs ever used.

Cheers guys

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
I'm on the second half of my cycle now and cutting. Since I have added cardio back in, I feel much better. Everytime I do cardio, I go a little bit longer and don't get winded as easily.

manatwork said:
Steel; nice one my man, did it go back to normal off cycle? Same with me not doin any cardio and gained 14lb in 4wks so body is prob on overload!

Steath;indepth, nice, ok~ I haven't been using anything else other than the test-e and deca, did 3wks of drol but started getting gyno so discontinued and started nolva, which i'm still taking.

Don't think i'm dehydrated during work out at least 6pints of water a day normally more, and drink regularly through out work out_but this is happening when i'm not working out too.

I do feel alittle anxious with it.

Theres no pain with it but do get short of breath, which is what makes me feel anxious i think!

fit and healthy other than that, and the occasional rage!

Not had problem like this before, no other stimulants or drugs ever used.

Cheers guys

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
my last cycle was deca and test. i couldn't even walk to the bathroom without my heart rate going insane. is it something inherent about the deca or test?????

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
Hey Manatwork......from the additional info. and the absence of other drugs, no fever, good hydration, etc. sounds like you're fine. Even though you're worried about it and feel a little anxious, doesn't sound like panic attacks which are shorter episodes of increased HR, feeling very anxious, etc. or generalized anxiety disorder where you are unable to function because you're worried about something all day. Very rare things like pheochromocytoma, etc. would also just be periodic bouts of severe sweating, increased HR, high BP, headaches. I would still get your thyroid function checked though, particularly if you've been messin' with thyroid hormones in the past. After coming off them, when your TSH from your pituitary comes back up, your natural thyroid hormones can overshoot.

I'd agree with Steel......just a lot of new, active muscle requiring a lot of blood flow due to increased oxygen requirements and CO2 production in the muscle. Even for fat, your cardiac output (CO = HR x stroke volume) must increase by 0.1 liters per Kg of weight gained. Thus, say you gained 20 lbs (about 9kg) of fat, your cardiac output would have to increase to deliver an extra 900 ml or almost a liter of blood flow to your body every minute. Muscle will be much more metabolically active than fat, so the demands are even greater. If you don't normally do a lot of cardio, that puts a fair bit of a load on the ticker, particularly when the gains come so fast and there is no time to adapt. Try to keep some fitness and cardio going when off the gear especially, when your HR is better.

Macstanton...interesting question.....I haven't heard anything specific to test / deca mix when it comes to HR, but would be interested to hear what some of the vets here think too.

Stealth.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
manatwork said:

I have been reading some info about the mineral magnesium which makes me think this could be a magnesium deficiancy brought on by steroid use.
Unfortunately, most vitamin stores only carry magnesium oxide which is very poorly absorbed and you need magnesium citrate or magnesium taurate to correct this deficiancy. They are easy to find on the web if your local store doesn't carry them.

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
DragonRider said:
I have been reading some info about the mineral magnesium which makes me think this could be a magnesium deficiancy brought on by steroid use.
Unfortunately, most vitamin stores only carry magnesium oxide which is very poorly absorbed and you need magnesium citrate or magnesium taurate to correct this deficiancy. They are easy to find on the web if your local store doesn't carry them.
Good thought. Indeed, magnesium (and other electrolytes like potassium) deficiency can lead to irregular heart rhythms. A classic one that is actually treated by magnesium is called Torsades de pointes, a transient ventricular arrhythmia.

manatwork

Nov 28, 2004
Thanks Stealth and DR, really good info, and Stealth very indepth again impressive and real helpful, cheers guys, has put my mind more at rest that i'm not about to have a heart attact! shouldn't joke tho! cheers

stealthmeister

Sep 9, 2005
Up North
manatwork said:
Thanks Stealth and DR, really good info, and Stealth very indepth again impressive and real helpful, cheers guys, has put my mind more at rest that i'm not about to have a heart attact! shouldn't joke tho! cheers
Any time. Let us know how things progress with some cardio or how soon it resolves when off cycle.