©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Rate my program

RandomBear

Feb 27, 2013
This is what i'm currently doing for my workout. Please tell me if it's good or bad, if its bad what changes can i make to it. Thanks :)

All the excercises would be done with either 1-2 warmup depending on how i feel and the actual working set would be 6-8 reps 2 sets with tempo of 1,2,6 all working sets are going to failure and accomedated with forced negatives.(Same rules apply to all except for abs which will be 1 set to failure). Normally i don't like to go very heavy, i'll go with some light weight that i can do full range of motion and at the same time squeeze and stretch my muscles.

Chest,tricep
Incline db press
Guillotine press
Flat bench
Dips
Machine chest press
Close grip bench press
Skullcrushers

Back,bicep
Pulldowns
Reverse grip pulldowns
t bar row
bent over row
romanian deadlifts
DB preacher curls
Hammer curls

Shoulders
Facepulls
Wide grip upright rows
Close grip upright rows
Cable rear delt flys
Cable lateral raises
DB lateral raises
Shrugs

Legs and abs
Squats
Front squats
Deadlifts
Hamstring extensions
Leg extensions
Calf raises
Floor ab crunches
Decline crunches

I've been doing this program for quite a while now and i am thinking of switching over to high volume program. Let's say i do the same excercises but do 8-12 reps and 3 sets of each but not going to failure.

Last edited:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Not sure on your training back ground and stats. Can you give us total training time (years) and stats? That would help greatly in assessing your program.
Thanks, T

Old Man River

Feb 14, 2013
The BIG STATE OF TEXAS!
RandomBear is lost in the Iron Forest!

This is what i'm currently doing for my workout. Please tell me if it's good or bad, if its bad what changes can i make to it. Thanks :)

All the excercises would be done with either 1-2 warmup depending on how i feel and the actual working set would be 6-8 reps 2 sets with tempo of 1,2,6 all working sets are going to failure and accomedated with forced negatives.(Same rules apply to all except for abs which will be 1 set to failure). Normally i don't like to go very heavy, i'll go with some light weight that i can do full range of motion and at the same time squeeze and stretch my muscles.

Chest,tricep
Incline db press
Guillotine press
Flat bench
Dips
Machine chest press
Close grip bench press
Skullcrushers

Back,bicep
Pulldowns
Reverse grip pulldowns
t bar row
bent over row
romanian deadlifts
DB preacher curls
Hammer curls

Shoulders
Facepulls
Wide grip upright rows
Close grip upright rows
Cable rear delt flys
Cable lateral raises
DB lateral raises
Shrugs

Legs and abs
Squats
Front squats
Deadlifts
Hamstring extensions
Leg extensions
Calf raises
Floor ab crunches
Decline crunches

I've been doing this program for quite a while now and i am thinking of switching over to high volume program. Let's say i do the same excercises but do 8-12 reps and 3 sets of each but not going to failure.
First things first. Do not know your background. You seam to be lost in the Iron Forest! You basically have too much crap thrown down for a possible 2 hour work out each day. Stay basic. Pick 3 exercises for each body part and work the dog shit out of them with some Jedi Mind Control. Your muscles don't give a shit about rep counts. Your muscles care about the weight it pushes and pulls, or else they would rip off your bones and tendons. 3 exercises for small muscle groups and 4 for large muscle groups. Keep your sets 1-warm up, 3 to 4 working your ass off positive and negative reps till the blood volume is so engorged in that muscle that you cannot move a full rep. Remember, you are supposed to be tearing down the muscle with weights and building back with rest and lots of good food. You should know what your joints are capable of moving without destroying it. Keep it simple and hard. OMR

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Yep, that's just too much. A general rule of thumb would be a total of 16-20 sets per workout. Just how many sets you perform per bodypart will depend on your split.

Hawk

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Over training
.I've been there .slapped my face and my workout partners mug even harder and have grown like a weed..focus and control are important words that should be imbedded in your mind ..try it
You will like it.thanks