©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Rear shoulders

9serX

Apr 26, 2011
I don’t know how to make them grow. I have big shoulders (lateral and front) but ridiculously small rear ones. What exercises are working best?

upjohnny

Jul 7, 2011
You should also move the exercises that hit your rear delts to the frount of your shoulder routine. Usually when a perticular bodypart is lagging it is because your not stimulating it to grow. One week out of the month I reverse my routine so by the time I am up to my big compound lifts I have pre exhaustion in the supporting muscles. This will obviously lower the weight you use for the lift but form and muscle contraction is more important than how much you are throwing up. So until you catch them up with the rest of your shoulder just start with any rear delt iso move. Form is of most importance because lack of control will bring your back into the movement thus cheating your delt out of the pump,imo.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
reverse pec deck, reverse cable flyes

I love reverse pec deck (my fav). Bent over flies are good too but make sure your form is spot on.

Reverse flies on an incline bench are great. Just have the bench against something to stop it moving.

My routine is usually reverse pec deck using heavy weight and slow reps. I then do the flies on an inlcine bench finishing with higher reps making sure to squeeze each rep.

If I were you I would start training them twice per week. Depends what your routine is like but you could do them on back and shoulder day ensuring 3 days space in between. My routine would be good at 3 sets for each exercise so 6 sets per day full intensity 2 days per week.