©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Researching for my first cycle/PCT

A_Roughneck_S

Apr 17, 2017
Massachusetts, US
Hi all,

Excited to be around such an apparent wealth of knowledge on this board.

I am planning for my first cycle ever and have a few questions, mostly regarding PCT.

But first, my background. So cutting right to the chase...I am 30 years old and have been lifting and dieting, with varying degrees of seriousness, for ~12 years now. Suffice it to say, bodybuilding has been an integral part of my lifestyle for a while now, despite all of life's other priorities as a young adult. I have never competed, and probably never will - I just enjoy bodybuilding.

I am 5'10", currently 220lbs with ~20-25% BF. Yes, I am a little meaty at the moment, at least for my status quo, but am working to shed some fat for the summer. I currently work a permanent overnight position on a 7-on, 7-off schedule, so this forces me to be a little strategic with my daily training/dieting. When I'm on work, I have to hit the gym right after I wake up on an empty stomach, with my pre-workout in hand. This means, that my first "meal" of the day is my post-workout shake (followed 2 hours after with my first real meal). I do 30 minutes of cardio post workout basically everyday. When I'm off, all is hunky dory.

My current diet is pretty damn clean. I eat the same foods everyday, which consist of the following in no particular order (just to give you an idea):
Regular Protein Sources
-6-8oz. chicken breast (1-2x daily)
-6-8oz. 95/5 ground beef (1x daily - every 2 days)
-#6 eggs; 3 whole, 3 white (1-2x daily)
-8oz. steak (1-2x week)
-supplemental protein with cottage cheese and greek yogurt (daily)
-Animal Whey (1-2x daily)
-Trutein all natural sustained release blend before bed w/ PB (daily)
Regular Carb Sources
-0.5-1 cup brown rice (daily)
-0.5-1 cup traditional oats (daily)
-2-3 slices Ezekiel bread (daily)
-0.5-1 big scooper of Gatorade powder (w/ post workout shake)
-P28 Protein bread (2-3x week)
-Sweet potatoes (2-3x week)
-grapefruit/orange/banana/veggies (1-2x daily)

Macros: 250g protein, 100-250g carbs, and 50-100g fat

Obviously, when I start my cycle, my macros will be adjusted accordingly.

Now, my apologies if your irritated as shit at this point from information overload, but I'm looking to avoid responses which speculate my naivety, or lack of readiness for my first cycle. I am well informed, and experienced in fitness and nutrition, and clearly, I have made the personal decision to go this route. I will note however, that I am planning to first reduce my BF to ~12-15% before initiation, with the goal of achieving clean bulk and bringing my weight back to 220lbs. As of this writing, I don't even have a reliable source, let alone the gear in my possession. This is a work in progress.

Now, on to what I am less experienced with....I'd like to complete a 10 week cycle of Test-Cyp alone, running at 500mg/week. I believe this to be a reasonable initial cycle for a beginner to achieve some moderate bulk, but I am open ears to the expertise of this forum. I'd also like to run HCG for 2 weeks and Nolvadex as my PCT for 6 weeks. My questions are:
-Should the test-c be run at 500mg weekly for the entire cycle or should it be tapered at the end?
-When do I actually begin the HCG? I have read different things, some of which state to start during the final two weeks of cycle before PCT, and others imply starting along with PCT after cycle ends.
-What is the optimal dose and frequency of HCG? I guess I would also pose the question of whether its critically required or not.
-For my particular regimen, when would I start Nolvadex for PCT? Should it be started the day after my cycle ends, or should I wait 2 weeks after my last test injection (due to the longer-acting cyp ester)?
-What would be an ideal Nolvadex protocol? 20mg daily? I have read about initiating PCT at 40mg daily x2 wks to achieve quicker steady state levels.
-Under what circumstances would I consider beginning the Nolvadex during my cycle? straight-op gyno? sensitive nipples? just feeling like a pussy?
-If I did begin Nolvadex during cycle, should it just be continued throughout? If not, what would be my stopping point under these circumstances and would it effect me taking it again after cycle as PCT?

Clearly, I am a ways out, with some more research to do, and I still need a reputable, safe source. However, I'd like to generate some discussion with this. All meaningful advice is welcome.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
First off, don't train on an empty stomach. Drink a protein shake before you train, and another after.

I wouldn't use HCG for PCT. Use it during cycle to keep your testes from shrinking, otherwise it serves no purpose.

Go with Nolvadex and Clomid for PCT. If you're using Test C, start PCT 2 weeks after your last pin.

Keep Aromasin on hand for use during your cycle as an AI, not Nolvadex. I always use Aromasin with every cycle, even low Test, but others do not. There's a bit of personal choice there. If you notice any symptoms of gyno, you can use it. Start at 12.5mg/day. Increase to 25mg/day if necessary. Or use it from the start, it's up to you.

That's all I have time for at the moment.

faight

Feb 17, 2017
Figure out how to diet down without losing all that muscle. That's tough. Just wanted to subscribe

A_Roughneck_S

Apr 17, 2017
Massachusetts, US
I've been on a temporary hiatus (vacations, work/life stressors) and off of my typical (clean) diet for the past few months, hence the meatiness. I'm not really trying to diet, but to just get back to my normal status quo (between 10-15%). I'm confident I will be able to continue gradually losing fat while making sufficient gains before and during my cycle.

faight

Feb 17, 2017
It seems like test cut cycles are never recommended? Like it's just a waste of time on? Would someone at a high BF just have aromatization problems?

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
NVM, I believe I figured this out. I think I'm going to plan to run HCG throughout my whole cycle at 250u 2xweek. One vial should last my full cycle.

That's what I was going to recommend. Remember to keep HCG refrigerated, as well.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
It seems like test cut cycles are never recommended? Like it's just a waste of time on? Would someone at a high BF just have aromatization problems?

Aromatization is a huge concern for those with higher body fat. The more adipose tissue, the more aromatase that the body can produce. That causes gyno to be more prevalent, and makes an AI slightly less effective, meaning u need a higher dose to achieve the same results.

Plus, many guys find that they need more AAS on a cutting cycle in order to maintain the same amount of muscle while losing the fat. Not everyone finds this to be true, but many do. Losing gains while on a cutter is the most dreaded boogeyman in all of bodybuilding. It shouldn't be, but it is.

A_Roughneck_S

Apr 17, 2017
Massachusetts, US

Clarification - I would not be using the test only cycle to help me cut and lose weight. I specified that I am going to cut weight first, and then use the cycle as a means to gain lean mass. It's not a dramatic cycle, but it is my first, so im building a test base before i start stacking.

Thank you for the info on increased aromatization with higher bf tho. It does make physiologic sense.

faight

Feb 17, 2017
Plus, many guys find that they need more AAS on a cutting cycle in order to maintain the same amount of muscle while losing the fat. Not everyone finds this to be true, but many do. Losing gains while on a cutter is the most dreaded boogeyman in all of bodybuilding. It shouldn't be, but it is.

That's news to me, I thought people ran TRT levels when cutting

A_roughneck I knew what you were saying

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
To keep it simple. Your first two cycles should be test only. Then if you want to compound add one thing at a time per cycle. This way if your body reacts to something you know what it is and can avoid further complications. Yea clomed two weeks after last pin works. And for sure keep an ai on hand.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

pjk1969

Banned
Dec 19, 2013
make sure yr pct is legit. first time i cycled was, well, 2nd time was test/tren/eq. shut me down hard, i did pct as i knew it back then and my test levels were shot for 2 months as i remember. would not go back up. maybe 3 in fact, as i went to the doc.