©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

rest one week ?

marYez

Feb 15, 2010
Any of you heard that in order to maximise muscle gains, you should rest entire week every 10-12 weeks? How true is that? What are your thoughts about this?

Big Danny

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2006
That's very good. Many pros are taking a week break every 4-5 weeks. Makes you feel fresher, injuries free and you're even able to push heavier.

anton88

Apr 27, 2011
Any of you heard that in order to maximise muscle gains, you should rest entire week every 10-12 weeks? How true is that? What are your thoughts about this?

I don't know about every 10-12 weeks , I rest just when I feel it is really needed it

mc63s

Apr 27, 2011
I think that taking a week off on a regular basis would be another routine that your body would get used to. I take a few days off when I feel that I need an extra rest. Also I keep eating properly though. my days off don't include a lapse in my diet.

breck48

Apr 29, 2011

From personal experience, I totally agree. some times I've been forced to take a week off because of some commitments and on returning to the gym I find that I can usually break through any plateaux

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in

It always does me well after a long training schedule to take a week or so off.

jamie90

Apr 19, 2010
I'm agree with the guys. A week off is good for your recovery 2-4 times a year or as often as needed. I personally prefer to let my body to tell me when to take a week off.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I always come back lloking bigger,,fuller,, stronger and 'recovered' after a short layoff after a hectic training schedule. I used to be afraid to take these breaks because of fear of loss of size/strength but learned many years ago that it is very beneficial. In my opinion these days,,,almost a must.