©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

RIP Larry Scott

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
Here he is at his peak. For the guys that don't know, Larry was the first Mr. Olympia.

Attachments

• Larry_Scott.jpg
    Larry_Scott.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 36

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Very sad. He was on of my original inspirations. His arms seemed unreal to me at that time. RIP Larry.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Another legend passes...RIP Larry. Thank you for paving the way, and for all you've done for "us".

Attachments

• IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
Who could have thought a boy with such pathetic shoulder structure ever be a Mr Olympia ?? ;)

larry%2Bthree.jpg

Last edited:

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
It would appear that genetics can sometimes be an excuse to just be lazy and not reach your full potential. Larry proved that hard work and good nutrition can change that. He was a pupil of the great Vince Gironda.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
It would appear that genetics can sometimes be an excuse to just be lazy and not reach your full potential. Larry proved that hard work and good nutrition can change that. He was a pupil of the great Vince Gironda.

Ah yes, "the gironda file". My pops has that little red pamphlet. I should read back over that...

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
Ah yes, "the gironda file". My pops has that little red pamphlet. I should read back over that...

Vince was an early innovator in the biz. I think he was one of the first to advocate low-carbs to get into shape. Your offseason consisted of lots of eggs, milk, and heavy cream. He'd have you drink a concoction of cream and ginger ale throughout the day to keep your energy up.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Lol. Yeah, its been a long time since i read that, but i definitely do remember the heavy cream being a big aspect in the diet...