©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

rubber in my juice

zman

Jun 25, 2005
i recently noticed small pieces of the stopper floating in my juice. anyone know if i can just run the juice through a whataman to get rid of the rubber? i really dont want to accidentally shoot some rubber into my ass. i think that might be bad. :(

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Try to avoid getting the rubber in the needle when drawing. I have had rubber in my sysringe before, I just let it settle back to the stopper then go ahead and shoot, watching carefully of course. The rubber will stick on the stopper and stay there.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
If you run your juice through a whatam, you will lose a lot of the AAS in the filter. Like Killa says, just use it and be careful. Thats why I prefer gear thats in a 10ml vial and not any bigger.

Last edited:

a-bomb83

fatboy
Apr 4, 2005
da ville
what size bottle is it? if its a 20ml or even a jug (50ml) i'd buy smaller vials (pref 10ml) and turn your one bottle of 50ml into 5- 10ml, jmo.

P

pincrusher

tee said:
If you run your juice through a whatam, you will lose a lot of the AAS in the filter. Like Killa says, just use it and be careful. Thats why I prefer gear thats in a 10ml vial and not any bigger.
tee is correct here. one thing people do to counteract this loss is to run 1ml of sterile oil through the filter after you run the gear throguh. this will displace the gear in the filter so you will not loss any gear and only sterile oil will be in the filter.

powermad

Dec 4, 2005
pincrusher said:
tee is correct here. one thing people do to counteract this loss is to run 1ml of sterile oil through the filter after you run the gear throguh. this will displace the gear in the filter so you will not loss any gear and only sterile oil will be in the filter.

Can't you just run an additional 1-2ccs of air through to purge the oil inside the filter instead of running more oil through? This would clean out the filter without changing the mg/mL concentration. Its how I purged my filters during my latest homebrew experience and it seemed to leave the filters bone dry (.2um whatmans).

And I agree w/ using smaller vials. No higher than 20mL or maybe 30mL multi-dose vials, IMO. After 15+ pokes with a 20g the rubber stopper is chewed up pretty good.