©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

shaking

tonymmmm

Mar 23, 2012
When I bench I shake. Is this because it is too heavy and I should lower the weight or what? I have underdeveloped connective tissue?

tonymmmm

Mar 23, 2012
I have dislocated my shoulder a few times. Do you think I'm basically screwed until I get surgery?

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
When I bench I shake. Is this because it is too heavy and I should lower the weight or what? I have underdeveloped connective tissue?

I would back off the weight for sure,,,and if you have already been injured you may need that should looked at by an M.D.

Mark222

Banned
Aug 29, 2012
If you have some bone deformity due to some injury then you should first resolve this issue to the best as possible. You can consider to lose your weight so that you don't feel any extra burden on your muscles.

Damion

Banned
Oct 10, 2012
I would returning off the body weight for sure,,,and if you have already been harmed you may need that should checked out by an M.D.

Muscleaddict83

Oct 29, 2012
I know that when I first started lifting/benching I shook like a mofo, but it went away as I continued to lift. I also know that when Zack Kahn was rehabbing his quads after they tore he shook big time and his neurologist told him that is was because the nerves were rebuilding themselves. Perhaps your nervous system hasn't caught up with how much weight your using at the moment.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
I know that when I first started lifting/benching I shook like a mofo, but it went away as I continued to lift. I also know that when Zack Kahn was rehabbing his quads after they tore he shook big time and his neurologist told him that is was because the nerves were rebuilding themselves. Perhaps your nervous system hasn't caught up with how much weight your using at the moment.

Yep. It's been nearly 2 years since I tore my bicep and even though strength and size are back, I still get the shakes in it.

electrickettle6

Dec 6, 2012
How long have you been doing this exact type of bench. I know when i stop doing flat bench then start doing it again the first couple of weeks my arms shake when doing my working set. I think its because of the stabilizer muscles havent had a chance to waken up and get used to the movement pattern.